cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage / network problems in 29650 Greer, SC

Journeyman

Coverage / network problems in 29650 Greer, SC

For the last couple of weeks we have been experiencing an increased number of dropped / missed calls, delayed text messages etc.

In the area from South Buncomb Rd to Suber Rd and rom Gibbs shoals north there has been an extreme DROP in service.

Coverage maps show average or better coverage through this whole area, however, this is incorrect. there are entire neighbor hoods where there simply is no or very little sprint coverage. Is it possible to request that this area be resurveyed for coverage.

it's very frustrating, there has to be a tower issue in the area.

Please check this and respond. thank you

5 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Coverage / network problems in 29650 Greer, SC

There's an event on GSP drive, but the tower that you are using is on Brushy Creek. The tower on GSP drive is under repair and could effect your services through capacity concerns. We're working fast, what kind of device do you have?

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

BEBON1966, I've been experiencing drop calls since December of 2012. I experience these dropped calls many times during a day. I have been contacting Sprint 3 or 4 times each month starting in January 2013. Sprint has yet to solve the problem. The current excuse is that Sprint is upgrading their system and someday in the future, the upgrades will be complete. So far, it's been 7 months! In the mean time, all I've hear for 7 months is apologies and if anything, the dropped calls are getting worse. 

Wizard

We are upgrading towers, LTE is thrilling.  I network will soon be the best, may I have your cross streets and zip? For all news check out sprint.com/newsroom

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

We have 2 HTC 4G LTE's 2 iPhone 4's a Rant and two samsung m400's

all are experiencing issues.

The tower on brushy creek is on the other side of the Mitsubishi plant from where we are and as a result I think the signals are scrambled. (Sounds odd I know but I think it is the case).

I saw a comment about 4g.. I would love to see 4g speeds! My phone has had the 4g signal one time.. when I drove to Charlotte, NC, unfortunately the phone was not working properly at the time so I couldn't even enjoy that!

Our signal is so bad in our home that I had to get the airrave (thank goodness for high speed internet) my mother lives 2 miles away and she had to get an AirRave as well. The signals are just not quite sufficient for this area.

I just casually figured up our annual expenditure to sprint... it's a lot.   and to be honest Sprint is the best rate structure for what we need... it's just troublesome to have dropped calls etc.

I hope that when the other tower gets fixed there will be an improvement, however, even it's back to the level it was before the tower failure, it is insufficient.  feel free to email me if you want or need further information.

Wizard

Bebon1966,

We're still working hard, things will be better.

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care