cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DROP CALLS

Journeyman

DROP CALLS

I can not understand why I constanctly have dropped calls.  Does anyone else have this problem?  It does not matter if I am in my city or traveling the state, my family experiences dropped calls on a regular basis.  What is the problem sprint?

19 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: DROP CALLS

I have not experienced this problem. I doubt its the network unless you are in a very poor reception area.

My suggestion would be to call sprint from your phone, they can force update your PRL and Profile and see if that helps.

If not, I would guess there is a problem with the device.

Wizard

2KWAUNIE,

I'm very sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues  with dropped calls at your location.  I'll be glad to look into it for you.  If you wouldn't mind providing me your nearest cross street and/or address to the nearest gas station or corner store, it will help me to review your location.

Sincerely

Fergie_B
Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

I have experienced dropped calls the entire time I have been a Sprint customer....but lets be honest....every carrier is gonna have dropped calls. I do believe Sprint has more than others, but that would be hard to prove.

If you have the chance get away from Sprint as fast as you can, overall they are the worst company to deal with...they dont give a shit about their customers and refuse to be fair.

All I want is out of my contract becase I havent been able to make or recieve calls for 3 or 4 days now and they refuse to do it!!!

T-mobile has the best customer service in the world

Verizon has the most 4G of anyone, probably the best network overall

Highlighted
Journeyman

T-Mobile has even worse coverage then Sprint. Also I would cirtainly not agree with T-Mobile having the best Customer Service.

I used to be a T-Mobile customer. Up until the point they found it fitting to charge us $210 for out last phone bill, and said they would only waive the fee if we kept them as our service provider.

Stone, it sounds like you have a problem with your phone. Not with Sprint, also considering your remarks, they are probably fed up dealing with you.

You can get out of your contract at any time, but I am guessing they wont drop the fat fee for early termination, you signed the contract that stated you would have to pay that fee. You also were given information on Sprints coverage area, and the fact that Sprint is currently rolling out new 4G LTE service stations.

Its not their fault if you didn't read any of the information they gave you. Also, if you want good customer service, dont be an a**. they are much more likely to help you if you are calm, content, and willing to be helped.

By the way T-Mobile, Verizon, ATT, or any one else is going to make you pay that fee regaurdless of the reason you are dropping.

Verizon may have the best coverage, but they will also charge you $30-50 more per month just to get 4GB of data. (Sprints is unlimited)

T-Mobile has worse coverage then Sprint, and will not be rolling out LTE until late 2013. Plus their customer service is just as bad, or worse in my opinion then Sprints. Not to mention the $210 fee they tacked on to our phone bill unless I renewed.

ATT, is rated with the worst customer service of and mobile company, and they have the highest number of dropped calls.

Then you have Boost and Virgin, who are both Subs of Sprint anyway.

Journeyman

Rogue I have always remained calm when dealing with Sprint customer service, not sure why you would assume you know how I deal with people over the phone!

As far as information I was given while signing up???LOL How about the advertised 4G????? Do you know how many markets Sprint has 4G???? last I checked it was 8, Im sure they are adding a lot more as we speak, hence all of the outages people are experiencing.

As far as anyone else making you pay that fee....absolutely not true, my best friend had Verizon and could not recieve a signal from his house and Verizon admitted it and let him out of his contract with no early termination charge

Journeyman

I love how you act so calm and content, dispite the fact that you admitted to having the cops called on you for harrassing customers at a Sprint store.

Also Sprints advertisements for 4G are for WiMAX. WiMAX is totally different from 4G LTE that you are talking about. Sprint has 3 sub companies that I know of, Clear Wireless (a WiMAX internet provider), Boost mobile, and Virgin Mobile (both no contract phone companies).

I also base my information on what you say and how you say it here on the forum. You do nothing, but bash on as many threads as you can. I am not denying you the right to state your opinion, but perhaps you could go about it in a much nicer way. I work in customer service, for a completely different company, customers that act like you have on here are impossible to help. Sprint can only do so much, and when you jump around bashing them on their public forums, harrass customers in their store to the point they have to call the police, then they will simply not deal with you.

Wizard

stonepointbuilders,

If you are experiencing dropped calls at a specific location and have always experienced the issue at that location, your issue may be coverage related.  In such a case, an Airave would be a solution to improve your service.  To determine why you are experiencing dropped calls, it would help to have a city, state and cross street where you are experiencing your issue so we can review the area.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Fergie,

First of all I have not always experienced these problems at this location. I was told back in late febuary the tower would be upgraded by July. Did not happen. Service has been ok this fall up until last thursday

Please keep reviewing my area, and opening tickets, and consulting with engineers, blah blah blah....I need a reliable phone service as it is for my business. Sorry

Journeyman

Wow Rogue way to twist up the story....Sprint called the cops on me for talking to people as they came in. I talked to 2 seperate customers before the cops showed up, both were there because they were experiencing problems and the first lady was going to buy a new phone because she thought it was her phone that was the problem. Luckily I was there to tell her the truth AND she was about to renew her contract and I think I changed her mind on that too. Both people I talked to were happy to talk to me about our shared problem of crappy service from Sprint, but nice try to try and spin it. You do not work for Sprint HA HA!!!!!

Go about it in a nicer way????? All I want is out of my contract because Sprint is not able to uphold their end of the contract by providing me with cellular service. Yes I am now going to extremes, or maybe you could say Sprint started it by calling the cops on me.

ATTN: Sprint customers..... If you are having problems with your service call Sprint and complain and they will credit you 40 dollars per month for 4 months!!!