cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?

Journeyman

Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?

Thanks for your questions. We upgrade each existing tower individually, in some cases adding new ones. That particular tower is currently scheduled for 4G LTE in the next 6 months. This is an estimate and could be sooner. We have come completed 79 upgrades/enhancements to date in that zip code. You can always check your area by clicking on https://network.sprint.com/ and entering in your zip code.

Stay in touch and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Dear sps20101,

I would be happy to check on this further, may I have a zip code and a cross street please?

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

Annmarie,

I gave the street and tower id that I get the bulk of my service from. I think the tower is down because my reception is the pits...2 bars outside instead of the normal 4 to 5 and 1 bar inside instead of 3 to 4.

Journeyman

sps20101,

Thanks for giving me the signal info. I would like to confirm what is going on in your area. The tower ID that you have provided it not pulling up in our system. Please post intersection and zip code for me to check your area. If you do not want to post here, please private message me and I can do it that way.

Thanks. *Annmarie

Wizard

Annmarie,

Zip code is 33026

Taft Street and Flamingo Rd.

2 towers in my area close to me. The closest is located on NW 129TH Ave and the other is located on Taft Street and Palm Ave.

Journeyman

Dear sps20101,

Thank you so much for the infomation! I have identified 2 towers in your coverage area that are not performing correctly. I have reported the issues to our technicians. Please hang in there now that we have identified the issues, the wheels have been set in motion for repairs to be done. In the mean time, remember to power cycle your phone and update your profile and prl on your phone. That will help the phone sync to the strongest signal in your area.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Annmarie,     

I cannot connect to the internet on my iphone 5.  I just updated the profile and I still have no connection to the internet.  I'm showing 3 bars with 1x.  3g was showing before but now it only show 1x and no internet connection.  I live in zip code 51501 between 30th and 35th and broadway.  Is there any work that is started with upgrading the towers to NV and 4g lte in my area?

Thanks

kriss0612

Journeyman

kriss0612,

Thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know. I have looked at your towers and have found an issue with data. This has been reported to our technicians for investigation. Have you power cycled your phone? Done any profile updates? If there are other towers in range this will help you phone sync with the strongest signal. We are working on this.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

All,

Just wanted to give an update for West Omaha and other areas that I have been documenting as I've been out and about.

The tower near 156th and Industrial has been faithfully broadcasting LTE. I seem to be able to catch signal until about 156th and Q, 168th between Q St and Pacific, Along Center between 144th and 168th. 3G in all surrounding areas is still very slow, averaging about .25 Mbps - the same as most parts of Omaha.

Bellevue seems to be heavily saturated with LTE. This must be new within the last month. It is live on Hwy 370 between about 60th street and Galvin. Along Hwy 75 LTE is present until about F St.

I've caught a whiff of LTE near 96th and Hwy 370 in Papillion - I think another user confirmed this too (behind the Super Target).

LTE is nowhere to be found anywhere along I-80, nor along I-480, at least as of this past weekend.

2013-07-22 14.13.59.png

2013-07-22 14.17.37.png

These maps show user-reported Sprint LTE. The areas I listed above (and their gaps) should be evident in them.

As an aside, I'd like to recommend those of you keeping track of this to use an app like Sensorly to help map out where the magic is and isn't happening. I try to turn it on whenever I travel to a new part of town and share the results. Also, I suggest tweeting speed test results at Spring along with your area. Hopefully it is 1. encouraging to fellow Omahans that upgrades are taking place and 2. a reminder to Sprint that we are very anxious to see improvement after nearly every other network has activated LTE networks in town for over a year.

Thanks again to the Sprint Care folks - especially Morris, for giving us as detailed information as he is able to hand out. I'll be back again to share my observations in a couple weeks. I hope LTE expands around my little oasis (and in your corners as well) in a vast desert of barren 3G.

Journeyman

I meant to mention also, as a very polite and well-intentioned suggestion to Annmarie (an any other Sprint reps), that it may not be necessary to remind us to refresh our profiles, PRLs, reboot our phones, etc. I suggest this because most of us have expressed already that these action have no effect and also we've established pretty unanimously that slow data speeds are a result of the network and not our own devices. Also, I'm starting to get a knee jerk, roll-my-eyes response when @sprintcare suggests this to me on twitter in response to my speed tests .

Just my two cents - but thank you also Annmarie for working to keep us up to date with Sprint's network improvements.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.