cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not disturb feature

Journeyman

Do not disturb feature

Is there a way to turn on do not disturb on a feature phone, so the device goes directly to voicemail?

6 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Do not disturb feature

Drenaline,

Thanks for the question. What feature phone are you using?

Thank You,

Michael C.

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Either a Samsung array or a LG Rumor reflex.  I have heard of *180 or *18... I have also heard *98.

Journeyman

Airplane mode works on most samsungs

Wizard

Drenaline,

By putting the Samsung array in to airplane mode your device's ability to send or receive any type of wireless transmission will disable your devices ability to send/receive calls and all incoming calls will go directly to voicemail.

If airplane mode is turned on, your Samsung Array can't connect to the Sprint network.

1. 1.From the home screen, press the MENU/OK key.
  2. 2.Scroll to Settings and press the MENU/OK key.
  3. 3.Scroll to Others and press the MENU/OK key.
  4. 4.Scroll to Airplane Mode and press the MENU/OK key.
  5. 5.Review the message and press OK.
  6. 6.To enable airplane mode, scroll to On and press the MENU/OK key.
  7. 7.To disable airplane mode, scroll to Off and press the MENU/OK key.
  8. 8.You've now enabled or disabled airplane mode.

To do the same for the Rumor Reflex follow the below steps to enable/disable airplane mode:

1. 1.From the home screen, tap the HOME tab.
  2. 2.Tap Main Menu.
  3. 3.Scroll to and tap Settings.
  4. 4.Scroll to and tap Airplane/Music Mode.
  5. 5.Tap Continue.
  6. 6.Tap On or Off.
  7. 7.Tap Done.
  8. 8.You've now enabled or disabled airplane/music mode

Let us know if this works for you. Thanks.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

Im sorry, I should be more clear.  I would like to be able to send text messages to the device, but have the devices calls go directly into vmail.  A do not disturb like feature.  I was told that a *98 or a *180 used to be the way to do it, but that way has changed so was curious was the new * or # code is used to put a device in DND mode.

Wizard

drenaline,

Thanks for the clarification.  What you could do to block all incoming calls for the Samsung device and have them sent directly to your voicemail for the Samsung Array is the following:

1 Go to the main menu on your Samsung cell phone. Press "Tools & Settings" or the similar section listed under the first-level menu options.

2 Press "Call Settings" or similar. You will be taken to a list of options for receiving your calls. Select the "Call Restrictions" option.

3 Under "Incoming" select "Yes" to program your phone to automatically reject all incoming calls. On some models you can also set the phone to restrict calls from anyone outside of your contact list, or only from callers who are on your contact list under the "Call Restrictions" menu.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.