cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Sprint have a Retention Department ?

Journeyman

Re: Does Sprint have a Retention Department ?

Thanks Shoozy,

yeah its crazy to me, its not like i was asking for everything to be free haha shoot I was gonna pay for the phones just not the activation fee, which I activate at my house online anyway so whats the point in paying? Good luck and I will check out Ting. Thanks! 

Highlighted
Wizard

karmoh,

We're not currently offering free activation to new customers. I can't speak to why you were offered an exception but is it a complaint that someone was able to work with you on reducing half of the charge?

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

Shoozy,

The pre-owned models are at a $50 reduction from the newer models. A few weeks ago there was a $100 port-in promotion that would have further reduced the price but it has since expired. I understand that from a customer point of view it seems very simple to just grant every customer request. The reason further reductions aren't offered is because the pricing is already aggressively set to be competitive. I shopped around and didn't find that our competitors are offering a better deal. They all require and activation charges and one of them asks you to recycle your phone for a credit, just as we do. We do appreciate your business but we operate just as any business. For example, if you request a WalMart associate to provide free bed sheets, they will be unable to do so. It is not because they don't appreciate you shopping there, it's because the price is set and they can't change it.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Carlos,

Just to clarify, yes competitors are offering no activation fees....I have been to the websites today and saw them..

I understand business, I own a business,  and I understand that products and services cant be given for free in order for a business to make money.

I have sent you a personal message...it is clear that no help cant be found here..  I get that you don't have the authority to assist me, not your fault.  Going in circles here is not productive for either of us.

I appreciate your attempt to help.

Journeyman

Thanks for the prompt response,

Ask yourself that question, does it seem like my complaint is over the fact that someone was able to work with me on reducing half of the charge? If you can answer this one question ill be done on the boards, I buy a friends new S4 and activate it at my house all on my own and activation is free. I buy an S4 from you and activate it on my own at my house and its $36. Whats the difference Carlos?

P.S. Activation is free from your competitors and yet they have to activate for me.

AS AN ESTIMATION.... I would have paid you $108 total for activation, but because you refuse to waive it, you can stand to lose up to $4,680 in 24 months from me with business...

Journeyman

Shoozy is right, yes activation is free with other carriers, you should always know about your competitors offers. I also own a business and I know that profit is obviously the goal, however I am fully aware of price matching. It is what some of the worlds most successful businesses do, which Wal-mart, who you compared to, does offer. Wal-mart is the worlds leading retailer, them of all businesses wouldn't have to offer "price match", but they do and hey they're number one for a reason right?

Wizard

Shoozy karmoh,

Thank you for sharing on our forums. I don't seek to debate or run around in circles. I'm just here to let you know we understand your concerns, provide reasoning behind certain procedures, and assist where possible. In response to the activation charge, there is an associated cost with activating a new device on a network. This is why our pre-owned models don't incur the activation charge, because they were already registered. When a cell phone company sells you a discounted device it is not an initial profit, it is an investment in your business. There is a direct loss for selling a product at 1/3 it's actual cost. I won't elaborate on this any further but I hope it provides a better understanding about why your requests couldn't be fulfilled.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I totally do understand Carlos and I don't seek to debate or run around in circles either. Thank you for your time, I guess it can just be frustrating that a loyal customer like me can see deals like this. Samsung Galaxy S4, Black (Sprint) | Amazon.com and then I come to find out that that i actually have to cancel my lines and lose the phone numbers already have to get the same kind of deal as a new customer. That's all really. Also I do understand that deals vary with contracted retailers like amazon. Im sure you could understand the frustration. Thanks again and have a good day.

Journeyman

Well, I guess this answers all my questions.

I've been a customer for 10+ years (so long I can't even remember.)  I currently have one line ready for upgrade and wanting to add a line for my son.  Was told at the Corporate Sprint store today that I will have to pay not only the $36 activation fee, but also a $36 upgrade fee (something they started doing 2 years ago.)  Seriously?  I promise to pay an already high service plan for the next 2 years and purchase a phone and I'm rewarded with an extra $72 in fees.  Why thank you!

Will have to check out this Ting.

Journeyman

Does anyone have the number to account services? Or know how to get somwone to transfer you over to them? Ive been getting the run around from sprint and im honestly sick of it! Im really ready to disconnect sprint because no one will help me.  Having issues with my phone software or hardware and I wamt to buyout the rest of my contract to get an upgrade fpr a new phone because im not willing to nor can I afford to dish out$200 deductible and then turn around in 8months and dish out another $250-350 . Some one please help!   idk what else to do and I need my phone working properly

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.