cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Trust Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't Trust Sprint

I asked about adding an international data plan before traveling to Canada.  I was planning to use my phone as a GPS.  They promised to advise me on the data usage as I went along (see transcript from chat below).  They sent one text to tell me I was over my data usage and owed $8.95 at which point I shut off data usage on the phone.  I then got a bill with $357.05 in overage charges.  They refused to help and felt no accountability for no living up to their commitment.

Has anyone successfully had charges like these removed?  If your bill goes to a credit card, have you been able to dispute the charge and have them removed?

Olivia K.: To get a sense of how much 40 MB in data usage is per month, consider that the average Web page is 5-30 KB per page. Since 1,000 KB is equal to 1 MB then 40 MB is 1,333-8,000 Web pages. Your usage will depend on the complexity of the Web content you access.
Customer: can I tell based on how much I normally use, like my actual data usage? Things like the GPS, I have no idea how much it uses.
Olivia K.: Well, last month you have used 6.28 MB of Data Per Line
Olivia K.: That is a Avarega,e
Olivia K.: '
Olivia K.: * Average
Olivia K.: So, you can define your Data Limits as per the above mentioned details.
Olivia K.: Your usage will vary on your work
Customer: ok.
Olivia K.: You will also get alert when you will exceeds 75%, 90%, 100% of allowance, and increments of $50 in overage charges thereafter
Olivia K.: So, you don't need to worry about anything.
Olivia K.: We will send you a Alert when your usage will reach the above mentioned limits.
6 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Don't Trust Sprint

blsct,

Hi. I’d be happy to take a look at your account to see how we can help! Can you please private message me your phone number, account pin, and a link to this thread? I hope to hear from you soon!

Lucia

Social Care

Journeyman

princesslucy23,

Please see my private message response.

Thank you,

Bryan

Journeyman

I am very frustrated.  My PM from 7/29 was never replied to.  In additon, my wife's phone got a little too close to the incoming tide and is now out of service.  She is eligible for an upgade, but, that means another 2 year contract and I would rather cancel if I can't get this resolved.

Journeyman

blsct,

Thanks for the post! Looking forward to working with you thru Private Message!

Lucia

Social Care

Journeyman

The answer you got was insane. You shouldn't be using that much, I use my internet ALL THE TIME and don't run mine up, and fb EATS up data on my phone. You should be able to put a block or limit on your phone line, if not, I would get the unlimited data and it should never go past that. Good luck

Journeyman

Your wife should NEVER have to sign another 2 year contract. The upgrade is bc of the PREVIOUS 2 years, not the NEXT 2 years. Many sprint customer service reps are NOT informed about what they speak of, I for one, will be calling the Executive offices today because of the relentless last 6 months of confusion on my bills and phones. If you need their numbers, I have them all.