cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downtown Chicago Coverage

Journeyman

Downtown Chicago Coverage

Does anyone else  have difficulty getting a consistent signal in Downtown chicago and near the Lakefront?  Since I moved here I have lost so many calls or can't receive them because I have no signal

25 REPLIES

Re: Downtown Chicago Coverage

MagpieDreamer,

Thanks for posting on our community boards, I understand how bothersome this issue can be. I looked at the lakefront and used N Lake Shore & E Ontario St as references, I see we have many towers that have been upgraded to network vision. I do see some towers that remain to be upgraded, once these towers undergo upgrades the experience should be much better. If you’re not near the area I used as an example, please provide the nearest cross street along with the zip code; sorry for the delay in our response.

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I am still experiencing a large number of dropped calls and no cell phone service in my apartment even against the windows.  I face south, overlooking Maggie Daly Park at Field Blvd and Upper Randolph Street.  This is all after being sent an Airave unit to "solve" my issues.  It patently did not work.  This is just poor or non-existent coverage I am sure and nothing to do with the tower upgrades.  Sprint has now become a business liability that I can no longer rely on.  I need to find an alternative provider.  This has gone on too long.  Two months and counting.

MagpieDreamer,

Thanks for the information, my apology for the delay in my response. Have you seen any improvement? You mentioned having an Airave, this seems odd and the Airave is a solution to indoor coverage. Have you contacted our Airave support to troubleshoot the problem? I need to look at some specifics, please send me a private message. Make sure to include your wireless number along with your security pin or answer.

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I have no coverage west of downtown in the West Town neighborhood. I've had dropped calls for months and now can no longer make or receive calls from my apartment or the block.

ERChi,

Thanks for joining the thread, I understand the importance of having your service working correctly. In order to analyze the area where you experience the problem, please provide the zip code & cross street.

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I've seen no improvement and am still waiting for an airwave to arrive. I basically avoid making calls at home. Luckily for me, my company pays the bill, but when the contact expires, so does my being a Sprint customer.

Journeyman

Having issues with 3G and dropped calls in the West Loop area (Halsted and Monroe on the 60607 zip code) since January 2012 and still no improvement. When will this issue be corrected? It's beyond ridiculous! I'm glad my 2 year contract expires in 3 weeks because I will change providers immediately!

brucedl,

My apologies for the delay in my response, mind letting me know your nearest cross street and zip code? This will allow me to analyze the area and see what's going on.

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted

ChicagoWestSider,

My apologies for the issue, I understand your frustration. I see network vision upgrades are being done in your area, these upgrades are aimed to improve your 3G & voice experience. This new architecture will be the foundation to our LTE offering, during the upgrade period service impairments will occur. Our network team is assiduously working on completing this upgrade, I assure you once complete your wireless experience will be better.

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.