cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fewer bars today in Sequim, WA?

Journeyman

Fewer bars today in Sequim, WA?

Hello all. Has anyone else noticed a decrease in service today in Sequim, WA (Olympic Peninsula, 98382)? I usually have 3-4 bars here, but today I get one, and the people I call say they can't hear me. I checked my phone while doing errands around town, and never saw more than one bar. Any thoughts on how I could improve service? Thanks!

8 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Fewer bars today in Sequim, WA?

There's an event in the zip code, we're working on things. I'm here to help, may I have your cross streets for a closer look?  What kind of device do you have?

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm near the intersection of Sequim Ave and Old Olympic Highway in Sequim, and I have a Samsung Restore. Thanks for looking into this!

Sequimmer-

Thanks for the reply and my apologies for the delay! I checked out the area and I did see we were experiencing elevated dropped/blocked calls, however it looks like service levels have started to normalize. Have you tried refreshing your data profile and PRL to see if that offers improvement?

Thanks in advance for your response and my apologies for the inconvenience!

Regards,

William

Journeyman

Service seems to be better now, although my phone now vacillates between showing one bar and four, which is unusual. Typically I see two bars in this area.

I just tried updating my firmware and PRL (whatever that stands for), but no new updates were available.

Thanks for looking into this. Do you know what caused the service blackout?

Best,

Rachel

Sequimmer-

Thanks for getting back to me! Can you confirm if your signal is fluctuating everywhere you go, or is this primarily in your home?

-William

Journeyman

The signal fluctuates everywhere in Sequim. The only other place I've been is Dungeness, a few miles north of Sequim, where I work. I've never gotten signal there and still don't.

Thank you!

Rachel

Sequimmer-

Apologies for the delay! So I did another review of the area and I'm not seeing any issues. It is possible that the issue could be attributed to the device. As for Dungeness, much of that area is considered off-network. Have you visited a Service and Repair Center with your device?

Thanks-

William

Journeyman

The issues have resolved. I'm still not sure why I couldn't make any calls for several days due to "an event in my zip code," we'll see how things go from here. Thanks!

Rachel

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.