cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy note 3 SIM... Embedded or not?

Journeyman

Galaxy note 3 SIM... Embedded or not?

Will the note 3 have an embedded SIM card like the note 2? I am a long time Sprint customer who works in Afghanistan as an Army civilian. Embedding the SIM card means I cannot use the phone in the US while I'm on vacation and here in Afghanistan while I'm working.

I Returned the note 2 for this very reason and will have to take my business elsewhere if Sprints going to embed all world phone SIMS which only hurts the soldiers and civilians over here in the war zone.

Please let me know if the SIM card will be accessible or embedded.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Galaxy note 3 SIM... Embedded or not?

Thank you for reaching out to us! Currently at this point in time, we do not have that information from Samsung. We do offer many world phones with removable sims however. Just off the top of my head, I know the iPhones all have removable sims. Please let us know if we can answer anything else for you.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Partrick,

As sprint already started selling the note III, do you have the information if its has embedded SIM card slot or not?

Journeyman

I just chatted with customer care and found out that Note III has has embedded SIM card.

Journeyman

The Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3's SIM card is NOT embedded, its under the microsd card slot & is not spring loaded or anything so is a PITA to remove, so try pushing down on the edge with a rubber band to slide it out or put some tape on/over the edge of the sim & push down on the sim & pull the tape.
The SIM card on the Sprint Note 3 is kinda locked, it comes with a Sprint LTE SIM (LTE is a GSM standard) & you cannot use a local SIM (ATT,T-Mobile,etc), ask sprint I say but you should be able to unlock the sim through sprint for international(if it isn't already).

a pic just for you, we just got a note 3 (ordered 23rd delivered 25th), notice the white SIM card.

SIM & MicroSD card slots.jpg

*Make Sure* to activate the Note 3 with a SIM card matching the phones region, with sprint this isn't a problem since it comes with a sprint sim inside & you will activate it on sprint. This is to make sure the SIM is internationally unlocked, samsung did a bit of a screwy thing with the SIM (even on unlocked models!).
I don't know if you have to call into sprint to have the SIM card international unlocked or not.

Source for SIM card removal: How to:  Remove Galaxy Note 3 SIM Cards (Updated) | Droid Life
Source for SIM card locked'ish (intl note3): Heres whats going on with the Galaxy Note 3 region-locking | Android Central

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.