cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s3 not receiving calls or sms

Journeyman

Galaxy s3 not receiving calls or sms

I live in the Hampton Roads, Va area and have a problem with not receiving any calls or text messages. And when I do get sms it's days late. This has been randomly happening for about a month. The only way to resolve it is turn the phone off and pull the battery. I've had the phone since Sept 2012. The issue just started this year. I also use google voice. My other phone would recieve messages but not my sprint phone. I don't want shut my phone off and pull the battery once a week. Any help is appreciated.

21 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Galaxy s3 not receiving calls or sms

windsor757,

Here to help! Love to take a closer look at your towers. May I get your zip and major cross streets?  Are you able to make calls or texts? Is it 1 person or everyone not able to contact you? What cell phone providers do they have? Thanks so much!

Samantha

Sprint Social Care Team

Tuesday-Saturday 11am-8pm mst

Journeyman

Hi, thanks for responding. My zip code is 23666. The nearest major cross street is J. Clyde Morris blvd and Jefferson ave. I can make calls and send text. My contacts use Verizon, Sprint and Straight talk. Google voice is forwarding the calls and text to my other phones.i'm just not getting anything on the Galaxy s3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Samantha

I restarted my phone and every text message I've missed for the past 4 days started down loading to my phone. I shouldn't have to restart my phone every couple of weeks to get text messages. It's either the network or my Galaxy s3.

Journeyman

I have the same issues with my GS3. Im wondering if it has something to do with the rollout of the 4G service in our area. I have been picking that up more frequently around the area which is good, but in the mean time my current service is horrid.

I hope this is a temporary issues because I've been with Sprint from the beginning and to sit next to a Verizon GS3 (friends) that is worlds faster is hard to cope with.

My zip code is 23453 (Near the Amphitheater - Dam Neck Road / Princess Anne)

Journeyman

HybridAWD,

Thanks for posting. I did take a look in your area and we are working on 4g LTE. No official launch yet but it's coming soon. How does the service work when you are in other areas? Also power cycle by taking your battery out and update your profile: settings-system update-update profile. Thank you. *Paida

Journeyman

The service in all of Hampton Roads seems to be spotty. The most recent trip outside of this area resulted in me being in 4G so it wasn't comparable to this area.

I know Sprint said they wanted to have all of the 4G launched by Feb. but with the economy and some delays they were hoping for March timeframe.

As for the power cycle and profile update, I have done all of that. Those have been up to date and I constantly check to make sure they are up to date.

Journeyman

Lots of luck gettiong this resolved.  Same thing is happening in Richmond.  It is NOT the phone.  It is Sprint service.  You will continue to pay full price for erratic service until they finish playing with things and they will not tell you when they will be done.  I have had almost zero service for close to 3½ weeks now and NO I DO NOT want yet another tech to ask for my data or try to push something to my phone.  If we all terminate our contracts and tell Sprint to eat the fees becasue it is THEM who are violating the terms of the contract then maybe they will get off their butts and fix this now.  10+ years as a Sprint cusrtomer (well over $25,000 paid over the years) and I am outta here.

Journeyman

I'm right there with you PCZero.. I've been with Sprint since '97, and I've tried so many times to work with them, but this is ridiculous!!!

Journeyman

Is this the same problem in zip code 76017????