Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One Connection Help

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC One Connection Help

Hi,

I'm using the HTC One, and I picked it up from Sprint just last week. I've updated the PRL and everything, but the best I get at full bars in DC is 1.5mbps, using Speed Test. At some points, it dips down under 100kbps. Is anyone else with an HTC One experiencing such issues? It's getting on my nerves, and I'm wondering whether it's Sprint, a faulty phone, or something else.

That's all.

Thanks for reading,

Matthew

18 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: HTC One Connection Help

MatthewK18,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with using your HTC One in the Washington, DC area. We will be happy to look into this for you. I see that you posted your equipment concerns on 06/23/13. Since then has anything changed with your data speeds? Have you noticed any improvements? If not, we would like to take a look at your area where you're experiencing this issue with data. Can you please provide your zip code and cross streets, and we'll check the towers that are local to you? We are currently conducting a network overhaul in the DC area, which can cause these issues that you are describing.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

GrandMaster

the tests you pulled..were they on 4G or 3G?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

it is sprint I got the same problem

Journeyman

Thanks for your reply. The test were on 3G. My ZIP code is 22182. Normally, from 2-4 bars in most places I go (I was on a road trip from my house to Glendale this weekend and back), I still get coverage under 500kbps. It peaks at 1.5mbps, and that's at full bars, but the data speeds plummet when it isn't at a 5 bars. And sometimes, 5 bars renders me with around 125kbps as well. I've tried updating the PRL, but to no avail.

GrandMaster

the bars themselves mean nothing when it comes to data. the bars are only showing you the voice side of things. which is why you can have 1-2 bars and still snap out some pretty decent speeds..or you can have 5 bars and end up with some pretty horrible speeds.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Regardless, my average speed is under 200kbps, and I've peaked at around 1.5mbps. The internet isn't even usable, as a simple Google search takes about 30 seconds to load. It's agonizingly slow, and I'd like to know what the issue is.

GrandMaster

is this in one area or everywhere you go? as morris pointed out above there are upgrades going in all around you..so at times its going to be hit and miss with both reception AND data..

these percentages are a couple months old so its safe to say its going to be a bit higher..

taken from a 3rd party site

Washington, D.C. ...Sites Complete = 49%; Anticipated LTE Launch = Spring 2013 ...Original Scheduled Completion = January 2013; Current Production Rate Completion = December 2013

odds are your issues are linked up with the deployment.

Wizard

Matthewk18,

Thanks for the update. When I enter that zip code, it represents VIENNA, Virginia, is that correct? For that area I do see that Network Vision upgrades have taken place and additional Network Vision upgrades are scheduled as well. I see that 4G LTE is available in that area as also. Do you utilize the LTE function on your HTE ONE to help with faster data speeds?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media  

Journeyman

I haven't seen any 4G available on my phone. You are correct in stating that I am in Vienna. Do you have an estimate as to when data upgrades will finish?