cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One home/back button not working issue

Journeyman

HTC One home/back button not working issue

I have the new HTC One and am having issues with the home/back button sometimes working and sometimes not working. I have gone online to the forums and found out that this is a known issue for this phone since its release a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, HTC does not offer a fix for it either. I have read where people have taken their phone back to a Sprint store, had it replaced with a new phone, only to have the same thing happen again on the new phone. I did do the calibration and it seemed to make it better but it should work flawlessly for a $500 phone. Guess I am seeing why HTC is struggling so much in the cell phone business. Inferior product being produced. I would love to hear if others have had better luck getting this known issue resolved on their HTC One phone.

12 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: HTC One home/back button not working issue

gregcrowson

Thanks for posting. I have yet to hear this marked as an official known issue but I will do some looking into it. In the meantime, have you had a change to see a Sprint repair center? I realize we can just simply replace the phone for you but I would very much like to see if they can run a diagnostic on the device to determine what the cause may be.

I'll be happy to look up a repair center location near you if you like.

Thank you,

Chris

GrandMaster

gregcrowson wrote:

I have the new HTC One and am having issues with the home/back button sometimes working and sometimes not working. I have gone online to the forums and found out that this is a known issue for this phone since its release a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, HTC does not offer a fix for it either. I have read where people have taken their phone back to a Sprint store, had it replaced with a new phone, only to have the same thing happen again on the new phone. I did do the calibration and it seemed to make it better but it should work flawlessly for a $500 phone. Guess I am seeing why HTC is struggling so much in the cell phone business. Inferior product being produced. I would love to hear if others have had better luck getting this known issue resolved on their HTC One phone.

its a new phone just released and it will have issues here and there..go snag up a S4 and see how many issues it has..i did and will be swapping out to the One today..serious lag issues on top of some other issues this phone has

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Good to know. I had not heard anything about lag issues on the S4 as of yet. I am hoping that HTC fixes this bug soon. The phone itself if pretty awesome, just frustrating when I am trying to get back to my home screen and can't due to the no responsive home button.  Good luck with your HTC One, I just got my Urban Armor Gear case yesterday in the mail for my One and love it. Thank you for your feedback.

Journeyman

It has been a reported issue and addressed on the latest update for unlocked handsets. It getting fixed depends on how long sprint takes to roll out the update.

GrandMaster

no worries..i have been a HTC fan for quite some time now..figured i would try out the sammy phone...didnt go over to well lol..mainly was keeping to the sd card usage..oh well..

and all my issues thate have popped up with the S4 are all well within 3 days lol...not a good sign ...HOWEVER...an update just got released a couple days ago that is supposed to work on the lag a bit..i have yet to get it..but im not about to push my luck with this phone and going over the 14 day without trying out the One first

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

i've had no issues with my back or home buttons.  i think many people are just mistaking the size of them, expecting them to extend from the HTC badge out to the edges.  the range is very narrow

GrandMaster

i think its a bit of both..not many are having my list of issues that are on the S4...theres always a bad egg in the batch so you never really know one phone to another if there will be an issue..i havent heard many issues with the One's aside from this one anyways..then again the S4 doesnt have much of a list of issues on their forum either..

Journeyman

I bought my HTC One Black on the first day of release. Back button has ALWAYS been giving me issues, sometimes it's not working at all. Home button has issues too but not nearly as much as the back button.

PLEASE acknowledge this and get a fix soon. Without the back button this phone is USELESS.

Journeyman

StarvingRtist,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue.I would advised to take the device to  Service center to get looked at. Also I did look at some forums and it seems that HTC will be coming out with a maintenance release to fix the issue. There is no date for the release yet. Thank you.*Paida