cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we are again! Calls going to voice mail & phone never rings. Three times today 49221

Journeyman

Here we are again! Calls going to voice mail & phone never rings. Three times today 49221

I'm sure the same story will be told, but I am so tired of this. If you can't keep the system you have working how can we expect all the wonderful upgrades to work.  49221, US 223, Michigan,Vine, Madison Sts.

12 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Here we are again! Calls going to voice mail & phone never rings. Three times today 49221

Hello fixmyservice,

There are many reasons that can cause your phone not to ring, and the call goes to voicemail. Everything from being out of coverage, poor coverage, traveling in and out of coverage, phone is off, using data services while in 1xRTT coverage, unconditional call forwarding is set up, or the direct connect is in use at the time of the call.

Please try turning your phone off and back on to get it back on the network.

If you have an android phone, please verify “Send to voicemail” selection is turned off.

Be sure that Unconditional call forwarding is not active. (Dial *720>Talk)

Are you using direct connect, or data when the calls are going to voicemail?

If those steps don’t work, please send me a private message, so we can do further troubleshooting.

*Samantha

Social care

Journeyman

Re: Here we are again! Calls going to voice mail & phone never rings. Three times today 49221

First of all, please use words and not letters. Not all of us know what they mean. i.e. 1xRtt. I have been at home most all day and not out of coverage, Poor coverage is normal here even though the maps will show great coverage. Have not been traveling. Phone is never off. Was not using data services or direct connect as we do not have it any more. Not sure where I would set unconditional call forwarding so I assume I do not have that set. If you checked any of my previous posts on here you would see that there was a voice problem that was supposed to be fixed.

Journeyman

Previous answer from 11/20 

2. Nov 20, 2012 1:15 PM (in response to fixmyservice)

Helpful AnswerRe: Calls irratically going directly to VM again even with good bars and WiFi - WHY?     

After reviewing, I have found we are experiencing a tower outage in your area that is causing voice blocking issues. We do have Field Technician dispatched to the area, and they are currently working on resolving this. Sorry of the inconvenience. Our techs are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Morris L.

Social Media Care

Wizard

fixmyservice,

I want to help. I pulled up your zipcode, and do not see any tickets open. Will you please private message me your number, so I can get in contact with you to send a refreash from the my end of the system to your phone?

*Samantha

Social Care

Journeyman

Mine has been that way FOR A YEAR NOW! Sprint has not even tried to fix it... yet they won't let me out of contract either.

Wizard

Jswinsinski1,

I will be glad to help you also! Please first follow the steps I provided above. If those troubleshooting steps don’t work, please private message me your information, so we can do further troubleshooting.

*Samantha

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well here it is Dec. 7 and I am continuing to get calls going to voice mail without the phone ringing. There have been 8 since my post on the 29th. I sent a second PM to I-am-sam with no reply. She "refreshed" my phone and I sent the second PM after that did not seem to help. So still waiting with no answers. Setting here next to phone with four bars and on wifi, but it can only ring when it chooses to do so. I have no home phone - and I need this phone to work! My husband has a Kyocera Dura XT and he has no problem receiving calls.

I apologize on behalf of I-am-Sam for not responding to your private message. Our next step is to submit a network ticket and provide you with the number so you can be updated with the resolution. I know you may not like this answer, but you'll have to send me a private message with your sprint phone number, account PIN or security answer, specific issue description, the date of when your issue began, and changes depending on the time of the day (if applicable).

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

fixmyservice wrote:

Well here it is Dec. 7 and I am continuing to get calls going to voice mail without the phone ringing. There have been 8 since my post on the 29th. I sent a second PM to I-am-sam with no reply. She "refreshed" my phone and I sent the second PM after that did not seem to help. So still waiting with no answers. Setting here next to phone with four bars and on wifi, but it can only ring when it chooses to do so. I have no home phone - and I need this phone to work! My husband has a Kyocera Dura XT and he has no problem receiving calls.

Journeyman

PM sent

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.