cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get out of my contract? all services bad!

Journeyman

How can I get out of my contract? all services bad!

I've been a Sprint customer for over ten years and have 2 I phone 5's that cant do much of nothing, with neither one of them, all the services are spotty! How can I get out of contract without paying the early termination fee?I had the HTC EVO before this and the services seemed a little better than this, not with this phone i have to go outside find a spot where i can get a signal in order to use the phone. I've been too the apple store they said it was the service(sprint). This phone seems to work best when I'm at home on my WiFi with Time Warner cable. Go to the Sprint stores they reset the phone and still nothing, refresh with the local towers, nothing. then they say contact corporate, they'll take care of you. call corporate, they refresh the phones again, they say they are doing some work on some towers in your area(for two years)they should be done and there should be some improvement by the end of the month. I've called the corporate offices in Texas and Oklahoma, several times a,d still no results. well let me have one of our senior technicians talk with you.....he cant do anything either, you' have to wait for 4G LTE to get too your area. when will that be? they don't tell us anything, it should be up by the end of the year. what good is that doing me? i bet i can get better use of the phone as a paper weight. so tell me , other than the ETF, can I get out of contract?

10 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: How can I get out of my contract? all services bad!

Pay the ETF or wait, sucks but sprint got another sucker to add to the list of horrible service. You have a lambo phone with a broke motor to go with it paying top dollar for gas that doesnt work.

Journeyman

This is actually a legal issue that I faced with Tmoble. I signed up for unlimited data plan with them and was cut off after 1.5 gigs which is easy to do when you have two BlackBerrys. My out was this: The contract I agreed to was for unlimited data and T-Moble could not agree to their part of the contract. Yes I do get letters from a collection agency but legally I do not owe the money to T-moble. They wrote it off and sold the account to a collection agency.Which is normal practice of any company to do.

Write a letter to them contacting their legal department giving them notice that they broke contract agreement. Allow them to correct their end of the agreement or you will terminate services with them due to failure to abide to the agreed contract.

Will you get hit with fees? I am sure they will try to recover some sort of lose but you fire back at every attempt they make until they make good with their agreement or until they give you a letter that states that you are free and clear to terminate.

Wizard

Hello all,

Looks like we may have been out of the office durning your discussion. I want to make sure to offer any assistance with plan or service issues. Please let me know if there is anything I can to or questions to answer.

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat...I'm wanting out cause they are not sticking with the contract I signed and they are telling me to get out I have to pay the ETF. I and several people I know with same issues have filed to the Better Business Bureau. Because I didn't sign a contract for service that I cant use and then pay for it. So there is that option too.

Journeyman

I have two 4S phones.  The phone itself is ok. However, a phone is only as good as the network it is on. I only get 3G service. Sprint said that 4G was coming to my area. I contacted APPLE and they told me that the 4S does not get 4G service on a Sprint network. They swapped my phone anyway.  Same result.  My 3G service stinks! It is so ssssslllllloooowwww. The rest of my family suffers also except the one iPhone 5 and it's located in Tampa.  Sometimes my texts or pictures arrive a day later. I have two 4S on my plan. During the July 4th weekend, it was very frustrating when trying to locate my family.  We spent hours trying to find each other because calls or texts would not go through.  I fear that I can't get hold of them during an emergency. I turned everything off. I do not get a Smart Phone experience with this iPhone 4S on a Sprint network. Apple replaced it with a new phone - same result because it's the same network. Now I am stuck in a contract with a dumb Smart Phone. As per Sprint, I have to buy a replacement if I want to get 4G or reliable service.  This is so disappointing.  I have been a Sprint customer for over 10 years. - SMH!!!.

Journeyman

I LEFT VERIZON AFTER 14 YEARS OF SERVICE BECAUSE SPRINT CLAIMS TO HAVE UNLIMITED DATA. i HAVE NP SERVICE AT HOME SO I GOT AN AIRWAVE THAT WORKS SOMETIME BUT I HAVE TO TURN MY PHONE TO AIRPLANE MODE AND BACK TO CONNECT. THEN I GOT THE SPRINT CONNECT THAT HALF WORKS. THE SPRINT SERVICE DOES NOT WORK AND WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR A SERVICE THAT WE CAN USE. SPINT HAS RESET MY PHONE SEVERAL TIME AND IT HAS NOT WORKED YET. THEY SAY ITS GOING TO GET BETTER. I AM SURE IT WILL SOMEDAY BUT NOT IN MY LIFE TIME!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

YEP!  I feel your pain.  My last talk with customer service DID IT!  The contracts person (Yasmin) said that it was not SEVERE ENOUGH to terminate my contract.  My response was - "Does someone have to DIE because they cant get help or 911" before SPRINT notices that their loyal customers are SUFFERING?

I sent to Verizon.  They bought my iPhone 4S for $200 that can be applied to a new phone and they waved the activation fee because I am a hospital employee (maybe your company is on their discount list)  - Good Luck!

BTW - They suck so bad - even Metro PCS (now joined with T-Mobile) is better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

YEP!  I feel your pain.  My last talk with customer service DID IT!  The contracts person (Yasmin) said that it was not SEVERE ENOUGH to terminate my contract.  My response was - "Does someone have to DIE because they cant get help or 911" before SPRINT notices that their loyal customers are SUFFERING?

I sent to Verizon.  They bought my iPhone 4S for $200 that can be applied to a new phone and they waved the activation fee because I am a hospital employee (maybe your company is on their discount list)  - Good Luck!

BTW - They suck so bad - even Metro PCS (now joined with T-Mobile) is better.

Journeyman

I'm sorry. Apparently we will have to die first before Sprint will release us from our contractual obligation.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.