cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I read my text messages online?

SOLVED
Journeyman

I agree with you that it isn't right that sprint customers can't view their text messages online like nextel customers can, but if you want to know the truth, I really feel that sprint is trying to force nextel customers to make the switch.  I love being able to view, save, forward my texts online, but there is a draw back from that.  Your online mms has a very small limit to the amount of texts you can have so I find myself continually going online to clear out (delete) the texts to try to keep my "inbox" clear.  Otherwise once your inbox (or your trash bin, you can't forget to keep that clear as well because that counts towards your total size, found out the hard way) becomes full, your text messages will be "bounced".  No one will know, your phone wont get the text or get a message saying it was bounced.  The person sending the text wont know you didn't get it.  The only way you will know is once you go online to the mms site, there will be a message saying "message bounced" and that's it.  when you open it up, it tells you that the message box was full and it will give you the number the text came from, but wont tell you anything more, like what the text was.  So you will have to contact the person who sent the text and ask them either to resend it or tell you what it said.  Basically a real pain in the ass, especially if you are on the road all day and can't access a computer to clear out your "inbox".  I have talked to the tech people and they tell me that there is no way to increase the size of your mailbox and that sprint isn't going to put any time or money into improving anything with nextel.  It really sucks when you finally find a company that you like, customer service it great, product is great, plans are great and then they get bought out by another company and everything goes to shit.  It has happened with Nextel, and it has happened when comcast bought out Adelphia.  What next....  Anyway, it is both a blessing and a curse that us nextel customers can view out texts online, but there is no way I am going to be bullied into making the switch.  I have been a nextel customer for over 10 years and if they force me out, I will completely switch to a different company other than sprint.

Journeyman

Any luck with this? It's been over a year since their trials began....

Master

Nope, They have abandoned it and are no longer working on it. They may offer it in the far out future sometime, But for now it's a no go. Sorry.

Journeyman

Re: How can I read my text messages online?

When is the fourth quarter?

Journeyman

hey u mentioned google voice and u can see the texts that have been sent and received? did i misunderstand you? or what does google voice do exactly?thanks

Journeyman

On the multi media site, it states that you can copy the messages that you have sent from your phone to another number but I have not yet received anything online that I sent from my phone. Did I do something wrong ??

Journeyman

I am able to backup all text messages, pictures, etc with my Android phone once I setup SMS backup.  It is free and would allow you to read an entire text message thread.  Once you setup SMS backup you would need to attach phone to computer and save.  It's that simple and a wonderful tool to have.

Journeyman

hey yphilly, im writing about "how to read or to see who i ve texted" and u ve mentioned that i need to connect my fone to my pc and set up some kinda sms back up to my computer?i m a lil confused, can u be more specific about how this procedure can be done?i would appreciate it...thank you

Journeyman

sorry to bother you again, but i have downloadedthe app sms back up...can u please explain a lil further how i can see my texts on the computer or on my fone?...i have backed up some texts on my fone...by the way i have 3 fone numbers under my name, it seems it is backing up and storing all 3 devices' texts or sms'...could u please get back to me???thank you, i just dont know what the next step or where to go to see them...thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

With every other company you can go in and get your old call logs, view incoming and outing texts. I do not understand why sprint does not have it.....PLEAse if any one finds out how let me know! Thanks

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.