cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I read my text messages online?

SOLVED
Journeyman

Re: How can I read my text messages online?

1. Why not? they give it to the police when they ask, why not the owner of the phone.
Journeyman

Totally agree with everyone you should be able to manage your account not only calls but text messages and pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Just wondering....that was 2 years ago....has the 4th Quarter arrived yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Helloooooo, Sprint?!?!  It's been 2 years and we STILL can't view text online????!!!!!!?????  How idiotic are you guys????

Journeyman

Journeyman

please tell me how??

Jessica

Journeyman

Get online and sign up for google voice, they will send you a text with a confirmation then your texts willl go to google voice website.Go to Google.com...sign in...or make an account....go to the top to "more"...then "even more" scroll down to voice.

Wizard

Lexxaxxlove6,

I can understand your concern in regards to this subject. I want to put reasoning behind this; the policy has been this way for years now. We just have no way of storing that much data. Think about it, you have your average teenager who puts up a hundred text messages a day.  Now multiply that teenager’s usage by a million.  That is data that has to be stored word for word text for text.  There is no super computer in the world that can handle that type of storage. Another reason for not having the text content saved and furnished upon request is the fact there are two parties involved with this specific data.  You have yourself or the requesting party and you have the receiving party.  So now it becomes an issue of privacy, the receiver’s privacy.  We would need to get the permission of the 2nd party to be legally able to provide that data.  What happens if the 2nd party declines the permission?  You won’t be able to get the text detail, how would that work out with the requesting party?  Nobody likes to be told they can’t get what they want.  

There’s an option with 3rd party applications, like what was suggested with Google voice.  Sprint also has the ability to provide you with the numbers, date, and time of the text messages as well as phone calls. Sprint sends a consent form in 10 business days (via mail, email or fax) to the account holder or a business' authorized contact. This is the process for anyone law enforcement, lawyers, and anyone that requires this info. I suggest if you feel your conversation is going in a bad direction do not erase it. Lock it so it won’t be deleted, or use the tools you might have in your phone such as the IPhone’s ability to take a screen shot or emailing the text messages to yourself. I hope this help to clear this subject up.

Thanks hope this clears this up.

Journeyman

Sadly, you are not able to... I have gone round and round with Sprint the last 3 days about this... An I just got off the phone with the FCC and Sprint is lying.... They did not say you can not get your text messages if you give consent.. Sprint is telling me that I need to sign a form they are mailing me and have it notorized every month to get a copy of the text message #'s that come through mine and my childrens phone... SPRINT has lost there mind.. When you can log onto ATT and Verizon and see the #'s... Sprint just doesnt want to have to spend the money to do it...

The man at the FCC just sent me the whole law on it and no where does it say it is against the law.. I think if all of us start filing complaints they may do something about it... The man from FCC was very nice and said that is the craziest thing he has ever heard and to present this to Sprint and see what their response is and call him back..

Journeyman

I DO NOT NEED TO SEE THE CONTENT of the text... I just want the normal showing of the numbers coming and going....