cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I read my text messages online?

SOLVED
Wizard

Re: How can I read my text messages online?

OIBOIS,

Ok , Im sorry you decided to take what I said in regards to supercomputer literally. I was using it as an example .But thats the truth, we dont keep the content of text messages. Time, date , and number thats all we have to give at the moment. If we do change this you can see it here. www.sprint.com/newsroom  But as stated in this thread there are many options for worried parents to keep track of the text messages, try the options suggested they work.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

Hey, oibois. The problem of making the text messages of 55 million subscribers available immediately vs. by special request is more nuanced, and more expensive, than you might realize, but let's forget that. What parents want is some way to see the inbound and outbound text messages for kids on the account. I have good news for you. There are two basic ways to do that. One, Google Voice, is free. Set the kid's phone up with Google Voice, and both the call and text history will be there for the parent to review online, including the contents of the text messages. Sprint partnered with Google to make Google Voice easy for Sprint customers to use. You can learn about Google Voice at google.com/voice/sprint (what you're after is Option 1). The other, installing a parental control app on the device, works well for Android devices but not so well for Apple devices (Apple considers such apps "spyware", and Apple makes it hard to put that on their phones). Sprint sells a parental control app for Android. It's called Guardian. There are other apps, but I don't know anything about them.

Wizard

mavka,

Thanks for the post. Great options! These will satisfy all the monitoring needs for parents and anyone else looking to keep the content of their text messages. What's even better is that Google voice is free to set up. Thanks again for providing this information. Someone will take your advice and set it up on their device and let us know how much they like it.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I have the same issue and have now filed a complaint with my Governor and
the BBB. I made numerous requests to Sprint to release to me detailed text
message contents on one of my phone lines. They have refused to provide me with
the detailed content for a particular period. After submitting a notarized Text
Usage Details Request Form they provided me with a list of the text messages
but not the detailed content of the messages. They informed me that I would
have to have a Court case pending and then my attorney would have to request
the Court to issue a subpoena for the records. Well I do not have an attorney
nor do I have a Court case pending at the time. I am a paying Sprint customer and
this is MY account; therefore, I feel that I should not have to retain an
attorney or have a Court case pending in order for Sprint to provide me with
records of my own account.

I have found that other cell phone carriers provide this information to their
customers without having to go through the Courts. Also, I found that
Nextel/Sprint customers can obtain this information on line. I found a section
on the website where you can retrieve the data on line but because I am not an
original Nextel customer it did not apply to me; therefore, it would not let me
generate the report.

Like you I have heard all kinds of ridiculous excuses from Sprint
Representatives including it being a rule of the FCC and frankly I am tired of
it. One rep went so far as to state that they are protecting the individuals
that are texting because they could be disclosing personal/private information
through texting. I said well what if I suspect that there is a pedophile
texting my child but I need the records to confirm. I asked shouldn't Sprint's
loyalty be to its customers? The rep says, well that's a good point and I will
pass it along for further observation." Needless to say I haven't heard
back from anyone.

Journeyman

Will the account holder be told when we can look at these logs.

Journeyman

there are multiple third party apps for this sort of thing

Sprint has SOME history IF it's still in one of the relays, but it's not a simple process to obtain. You can always get the number and date/time, but the actual content of the texts are not stored in any normally retrievable manner by sprint.

they used to keep the info but after it cost the company millions of dollars with people looking up the info all the time AND with the telephone privacy act of 2006 it makes sprint liable for damages to due any info they give to the wrong person...

in order to avoid lawyers subpeoning the info all the time they literaly got rid of the ability to track/store a real history of texts
case one: you live in rural montana... there's a good chance your stuff is in a buffer for AT LEAST 7 days for rebrodcast if your phone is out of service etc... and the storage refreshes as needed on the relays... so if there's not a lot of texting going on, there's a chance to get older data

case two: you live in downtown seattle, the buffer holds data for reboradcast as above... but anything older than that is going to be LONG gone from data overwriting

there are also ways to retrieve the data from the phones buffer but it requires a lot of data sifting and removal of digital time code stuff and random code

basically it boils down to the fact that people are annoying as hell when it comes to getting text content, so they deliberately got rid of the ability to do it

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where are how can the original Nextel/Spring customers go to to review and see text messages sents?  I am an original Nextel customer and would like to use this app for seeing and reviewing text messages and the numbers from which they came.  thanks for the info if you could send this to me.

Journeyman

Does Sprint believe that we will believe their nonsense excuses such as privacy issues and not having any means of storing all those texts? Sprint is a multimillion dollar company with thousands of costumers, technology is evolving at an alarming rate that gives us the means to basically store as much data as we want I should know being a techy and also building custom computers, and as for privacy issues the other people sprint costumers or not agree to engage in conversation with us as soon as phone numbers are exchanged with us the costumers therefore we should be legally allowed to this information or can we not claim what is ours? i just got a 2 year plan and I'm already dissatisfied and disapointed, all I wanted was to get some accidently deleted txts and they told me there is no way to retrieve them and as pointed out many times by other dissatisfied costumers those texts somehow accessible by law enforcement authorities. if there is no way to store them all them how do they get those texts requested? but I might as well be talking to a wall this thread is years old but just needed to inform that if indeed I'm some case (highly doubtful) some admin reads this to know once my regrettable 2 year plan is over I'm done with sprint.

Journeyman

It would be great if we can review text messages online. I'm about to see the call log of all phones on my account but I really was looking for this feature so I can check what my husband is doing. He texts more than anything so this really would have been useful. I have been with sprint since 2004 but if other companies offer this maybe I should look into it.

Wizard

Sunshine8032

You can request the text usage details. It's easy to start the process online. Start here: http://sprint.com/textdetails. You will be provided with the text log of the Sprint number requested, but not the content of the messages. Hope this helps.

Ruth E

Social Care Team