cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move applications to my optional 64 GB SD card on Samsung Galaxy S4

Journeyman

How do I move applications to my optional 64 GB SD card on Samsung Galaxy S4

How do I move applications and other stuff to the 64 GB SD card which I added to my Samsun Galaxy S4? Down to only 8 GB internal memory so bought SD card in hopes of increasing my phone memory but cant figure out how to move all these things to my SD card.  Any ideas? Thx

10 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: How do I move applications to my optional 64 GB SD card on Samsung Galaxy S4

Sprint Tech Support just told me that Samsung has disabled the ability to transfer applications from the 16 GB internal memory to an SD card...what!!!!!  Why would Samsung do that?  Basically, that means the S4 only has 16 GB of internal memory for applications.  And they are not selling the 32 GB and 64 GB Can anyone else confirm that? Thanks in advance for your help.

Master

Re: How do I move applications to my optional 64 GB SD card on Samsung Galaxy S4

If the options available,

• Settings > Apps (or whatever it's called) > <locate app>

Select Move under Phone Storage

You can probably also access the same location through the App Drawer under Manage Apps if that option is there.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

Rambo15AF wrote:

Sprint Tech Support just told me that Samsung has disabled the ability to transfer applications from the 16 GB internal memory to an SD card...what!!!!!  Why would Samsung do that? Basically, that means the S4 only has 16 GB of internal memory for applications.  And they are not selling the 32 GB and 64 GB Can anyone else confirm that? Thanks in advance for your help.

actually you have much less than that..the internal memory is partitioned out for different things..i think you will actually have like 14gb of internal storage once said and done.

and the ability to move apps to the sd card was made by google...not samsung..its the operating system not the phone. same deal with the EVO LTE and the SIII

come to find out its around 10gb that your left with after all the sprint/samsung stuff is stuck in the phone

Message was edited by: fireguy_6364

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Actually, I heard it was just under 9gb

From the mail bag: Why does my 16GB Galaxy S4 only have 8.8GB of space? | Android Central.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

im hearing different reports on it but so far they are just above 9gb. personally i would be steaming if they took half the internal memory and used it for add on shat that i probably will never use anyways lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

I agree, It was about 4GB being used for the LTEVO, now over half is being used by the phone itself. I wonder, how much of that is the actual 4.2 OS itself and how much of that is the Samsung software to add their features?

--

GrandMaster

at least you guys still have the option to shut down and disable some of that stuff..actually i think you guys can actually delete some of that built in stuff now right?

on a side note though i heard that google did this due to the fact that there were so many issues with pulling app info from the sd card back into the phone when you tried to use one of the apps you moved over there..lost data transfer and such....that was only a rumor though so im not sure how accurate it is...it does however make sense though

Master

I know we can Disable apps, but I don't believe we can remove that I've seen.

I thought Google had done away with the whole move to SD Card after the OEVO, but the LTEVO still has it. Possible that newer phones no longer have it. But I haven't seen or heard contrary yet.

--

GrandMaster

i thought it happened once you hit a certain OS version and higher from that point on.