cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Airave 2.5 behind Motorola Surfboard

Journeyman

How to connect Airave 2.5 behind Motorola Surfboard

Hi all. I am totally confused and need help with install of my Airave 2.5. 

I have Roadrunner internet service. It runs through a "Motorola Surfboard SBG6580, wireless cable modem gateway".

Can I run the Airave 2.5 behind this?? Or do I have to hook it up by the instructions sent with the unit?

If so, can someone give me a STEP BY STEP instruction on how to do this? I do not have any clue on how any of this stuff works, so instructional DETAILS would be much appreciated.

By the way, I don't understand the difference between dynamic IP and a static IP or how it comes into play here. So just instruction on how to hook this Airave up is all I need. lol

THANKS!!!!!

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: How to connect Airave 2.5 behind Motorola Surfboard

NorthStarr,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are trying to connect your Airave to a Motorola Surfboard. To obtain immediate assistance to ensure this device is properly connected, do you prefer speaking with someone directly from our Ariave Technical Support Team? We have representatives available whom are happy to assist you.

Thank You

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

First, dynamic IP is when your router gets a new IP address from the Internet provider, your case Roadrunner. Static IP is when you have an IP address that is assigned to you and will never change, this is the case for most of the big or small businesses, since they need the IP to be static in order for them to build the network.

you can just leave the option to dynamic, since the Airave will get the IP from the router you have.

Just hook your Airave like you connect your PC in the router, and don't worry about it it will work. There are some more detailed twitching that you can do, but I would suggest you not to do that because you might mess something up.

if you feel like playing with it, you can go under the airave board in here.

I come here trying to help people and not because I'm employed from Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try to get it set up now and see how it goes.

Master

I hope everything is working ok for you.

I come here trying to help people and not because I'm employed from Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Dj_Damjano is right just hook it up like you did for your computer.  Works great, But only if you can find an Airave tech support person that knows how to activate the Airave properly.  Took me 2 weeks to find someone that knew what they were doing.  Also they kept trying to tell me that the Airave won't work with the surfboard.  Good luck and hope its working for you.

Wizard

NorhtStarr,

We just wanted to follow up with you to see if you were successful with getting your Airave connected to your modem with the helpful information that was provided by Dj_Damjano?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care