cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Voicemail to Text

SOLVED
Journeyman

I'm in my trial period and would like to stop the service immediately, but the only option I see is to subscribe after my free trial ends in 25 days.  HTC Evo

40 REPLIES
Journeyman

I do apologize but as of right now there is no way to stop the trial on the visual voicemail to text.

Journeyman

There's mixed stories going around if you will automatically be subscribed when the trial runs out. Some are saying yes theirs automatically subscribed - others are saying no. Which is it?

I know you (talktosprint) had nothing to do with it - but this was an extremely poor thing to do - have something pushed to the phone with no way to opt out now. Very annoying and a good way to tick off customers.

Master

I am sending you a private message and will get this stopped.  Anyone in advanced tech support can access the Service Mangement GUI and stop voice to text application. 

Hope this helps,

Larry

Sprint Advanced Tech Support

Did this help? If so please rate this post and mark your post as answered so others can refer to it quickly for solutions

Journeyman

I would like my voicemail to text stopped as well, but can't figure out how to have it stopped.  I even downloaded a 3rd party visual voice mail app from the market, but no luck.  Please help!

Re: How to stop Voicemail to Text

Veggieboy,

Private message me and once you do, I will reply back and gather some more information from you and I will unsubscribe you to visual voicemail to text.

Thanks,

Ray

Journeyman

I can confirm that after the trial period it did stop the vm to text subscription. The option is there to "re-subscribe" but the trail does end without any charge. Just enjoy the horrible ability for it to translate and get a good laugh.

Wizard

I hate to add to the rumor mill on this issue - but i'm going too - I have seen the option to unsubscribe from the trial period on an EVO running Gingerbread. Voicemail > Menu > Settings > Voicemail to Text > Unsubscribe From Free Trial.

Menu > Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Updates > Check Now - will get you updated to Gingerbread.

Wizard

BeaArthur wrote:

I hate to add to the rumor mill on this issue - but i'm going too - I have seen the option to unsubscribe from the trial period on an EVO running Gingerbread. Voicemail > Menu > Settings > Voicemail to Text > Unsubscribe From Free Trial.

From my experience, even after you unsubscribe from the free trial from the Voicemail settings menu, the service still continues until the end date of the trial subscription -unless a tech goes into the SM GUI as OKIESTRO suggested above. Any other Sprint Tech's experience this?

Journeyman

I am having the same issue as veggieboy, but i have a sprint Epic and still on froyo.  The trial time period has pasted over 10 days and its still not allowing me to get  my visual voicemail.  This is extremly fustrating!  at the end of the 30 days wait (i was told by customer service and tech support i had to wait the trail period) it will stop but it has not stopped and i did not get anything asking if i wanted to continue the service.  The 1.99 charge has not appreared on my acct and i cannot locate it as an add on service anywhere so im stuck.  Really would like someone to figure out how to stop this service.