cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone coverage in Columbus Ohio

Journeyman

Iphone coverage in Columbus Ohio

I just moved to Columbus Ohio from Detroit Michigan and since I have been here, my service has been less than satisfactory. First they had to reset my phone so it knew that I was in Ohio. But now, I am having to do a reset network settings on my phone at least 4 times a day. And even still it doesn't work that well. My GPS barely loads, when it does it gives me the wrong directions, emails do not come through without me manually pushing them through, instagram posts are not loading, I can only access the internet if I am connected to wifi, and I am experiencing more dropped calls than ever. I called sprint several times and they keep checking to see if towers are down in 43232 - they say everything is fine. From there they keep directing me to the sprint store to have my antennae checked - sprint can't do it and referred me to the apple store. Once I got to Apple, they basically said the antennae is fine and there is nothing more that can be done, they just said the Sprint service in Ohio w/ Iphones is poor because they don't have 4g coverage? I am miserable with my service now and want to switch companies. Has anyone else had this same problem in Ohio and got it fixed? I love sprint and my iphone, but it doesn't do me any good to have a phone that I can't use. I called and they say I can cancel but there is a cancellation fee. I don't think it is fair to be charged a cancellation fee when they are not providing the service I signed up for. On the other hand, the other Iphone on the acct which is used in Indiana, Alabama, and Georgia works fine.

please help

9 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Iphone coverage in Columbus Ohio

prima8347,

Thank you for the post.  What version of the iphone do you have? Could you give us the cross streets within 43232 that are nearest to you so that we may check the coverage of the tower that is serving your residence?  The answers to these questions will allow us to effectively troubleshoot your issue and get you the information that you need.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

Don't expect any real help. I am about 6 months into a similar issue and not even the Better Business Bureau is getting a real answer from them.

http://it-beating-my-head-against-the-desk.kinja.com/i-almost-want-to-sprint-back-to-verizon-7469495...

Highlighted
Wizard

NotAFan2,

Thank you for the feedback. I looked through the attached link and I’m sorry to hear about the experience that you have been having but I do have good news for you.  Based on the information that you provided it seems very apparent that the issues you are experiencing are device related at the core because a factory reset is restoring functionality.  Therefore, I am going to do two things: 1. Provide you with helpful links for the Samsung Galaxy SII and 2. Provide a possible solution that may work for you.

These are the three most helpful links that should address the way in which your phone is behaving: 1. http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsung_Galax..., 2. http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Troubleshoot_issues_related_to_data_connectivity_for_the_S..., 3. http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Troubleshoot_issues_related_to_low_internal_memory_on_the_....  The three issues addressed in these links address Software update versions, data connectivity and internal memory. Many of these steps will be redundant but many users of this device have experienced remarkable success following these instructions.

If all else fails and you truly believe that this device is not for you, then you may try contacting Asurion and asking for a comparable model replacement www.phoneclaim.com

Thank you for the feedback and please let me know if the suggestions I have given help you to solve your phone dilemma.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

Thank you for the post.  What version of the iphone do you have? Could you give us the cross streets within 43232 that are nearest to you so that we may check the coverage of the tower that is serving your residence?  The answers to these questions will allow us to effectively troubleshoot your issue and get you the information that you need.

Hi,

I have a 4s - cross streets where I live are East Broad St and Mcnaughten. But please keep in mind, I do not just have issues at home, I have issues all over Columbus Ohio

Journeyman

IIt's not just on iPhones..I have a gs3 and recently my coverage it's terrible.. Data is completely unusable. I can't even make a phone call from in my house.  I live in 43110 cross streets are fox hill and thrush.  It has never been very good at home.  But I work in 43228 cross streets walcutt and trabue and the service is terrible there too.  It was very good 2 weeks ago now unusable at work.I am aware,even though you cannot acknowledge it due to not announcing columbus, that you are working on multiple towers adding back haul etc for nv and 4glte but there should be some kind of compensation for not being able to use my phone for over a week. I use this for work and cannot make or receive calls.

Wizard

prima8347,

Thank you for the reply. I have checked the Columbus area and I see that the section of the market that covers 43207, 43209, 43227 & 43232 is affected by an outage.  Technicians have logged multiple notes on the affected region and are working diligently to restore the service. 

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Wizard

Jantz270,

Thank you for the feedback. In doing my research in the Columbus market this outage is affecting just the data connectivity on devices within 43026, 43204, 43221 & 43228.  The local telephone carrier has been engaged and restoration is currently in progress.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

I have an Iphone 5 on the plan that my partner and I share and he has never been able to get anything over 3g here in columbus...if hes lucky enough to get that. Is there any way that he would be able to get at the very least 4G on his phone...since no one seems to know when the LTE will be here. we live in the 43220 area and work in the 43215 area of the city.

Wizard

rszul,

Thank you for the questions.  I have checked the coverage and the planned network enhancements in 43220 and 43215.  Right now there are no planned 4G/LTE enhancements in the works for these zip codes but keep in mind that this area had a very strong Nextel presence for years and Sprint just discontinued that Network a month ago.  Many of those older Nextel towers are getting upgraded and reconfigured with the more modern signal and added to our arsenal of towers.  Many markets are only going to gain from the amount of available modern towers which are becoming available.  You can check the coverage information and enhancements as they become announced by checking www.sprint.com/network.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.