cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sprint data plan truly unlimited???????

Journeyman

Is Sprint data plan truly unlimited???????

I got a new smartphone on sprint and ive had it since last week. I already paid the bill for this month and i paid around $81.00 .

My understanding is that my data is unlimited, does that mean i can browse the internet, listen to pandora and download as much apps as i want without going over or habong Sprint throtting my speeds?

I just dont want any surprises on my next bill.

So far i have 1gb of dats usage since getting this phone

10 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Is Sprint data plan truly unlimited???????

Correct. Phone plans are unlimited. Period. Go nuts.

Wizard

misael209x

This is correct. Your data plan (Everything Data or Simply Everything) includes unlimited data. No data allowance or throttle meter! Enjoy your favorite apps and stream data with no worries of going over. Need more info on our plan details? Visit http://sprint.com/plans or feel free to ask here in the Sprint Community.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Journeyman

no and beware i have been with sprint for 10+ years and pay all my bills online. i have three phones on 1 plan and the other day they cut off the third line. i never recieved any notice and the funny part is the phone they cut off i have the parental lock turned on for my son he cant even use the browser. i called in and was told i was more than welcome to take my phone number to a new carrier if i didnt like the service i was recieving as if my 260 doller a month bill i pay them is a privalage to me. was the rudest i have ever been treated by a company of this size and from what i am reading i am far from the only one. Therefore i feel no empathy for you in the future when i will no doubt see your company fail long term if you continue to treat what should be valued customers as myself with this lack of respect. as soon as i find which other company i want to try after 10+ years with you i will be taking the advice i got on the phone from your friendly customer service rep and switching. Good day sir/mam

Wizard

What monkey is trying to say is Sprint will cut off a phone that is abusing terms of use. That usually means hacking the phone (aka rooting) and running an unpaid hot spot. Sprint cuts a lot of slack, so play fair and everything will be fine. I don't know what is typical for legitimate use, but my family of five uses about 7G a month.

Journeyman

I have used over 5 gigs in a month. No slow downs and no extra bill. Have fun.

Wizard

no, monkey is referring to the Roaming Limits in the terms of service. That's why monkey's 3rd line got cancelled (and subsequently has ranted on here 8 times).  Sprint data on handsets IS unlimited, but they do have limitations on how much data you use while off the Sprint network while Roaming. See 'Off-network Roaming' at http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml

Wizard

All data plans allow unlimited data usage while on the Sprint network. There is no metered throttling or data allowance. As mention, based on our Terms and Conditions (http://sprint.com/termsandconditions), Sprint limits domestic roaming data usage to 300 MB. You can enjoy truly worry-free unlimited data with Sprint, while in-network. Hope this helps. Thank you all for posting.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had smart phone data plan with sprint 1.5 years ago. Most of the TIME there is hardly any connection or the connection is soooooo slow. I mostly use access data via Wi-Fi and several times I need to access data thru phone but the was no signal or over low signal. A couple of times when my internet was down, I needed access Internet so desperately, there was no signal or low signal. It appears to be Such a waste if I can't use data tbru the phone shen needed.

On top of the technical issue, the customer service sucks too. The people on the phone are superficially OK. People in their store are not friendly at all. They are so indifferent. They do not care. They said they are going to call back they never do.

So the so called "unlimited" data plan is not really unlimited because it is so slow or no signal that it will take unlimited time to down load something.

A fed up sprint customer

Wizard

betty999

Data is truly unlimited, but we understand your point. You were not able to fully access data. We can look into this concern. Where are you located (city/state/zip)? We can look at different factors as to why your data lags. Also, what type of phone are you using?

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.