cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sprint discontinuing the airave?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is Sprint discontinuing the airave?

I got a letter last week from Sprint saying they were going to discontinue service for the Airave?

Anyone know anything about that?

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Is Sprint discontinuing the airave?

Right, if you have the Airave 1.0 it's going bye-bye because it's old and not as good as the newer model, the Airave 2.5

I can't find the letter I got with the specific phone number, but you can call and upgrade to the 2.5 for free if you have the old Airave.  Why not, right?  Better coverage for free!

On the sprint site, it says "Call us at 1-800-SPRINT-1 (1-800-777-4681) to order the 2.5"

but if you already own one you can call this number for better assistance: 

24/7 AIRAVE Customer Support Line:

1-866-556-7310

GrandMaster

correct. the older version was starting to have a lot of issues and was to the point that it couldnt get any updates. not to mention some of  the newer styled phones were starting to have issue with it

souffle-etc wrote:

Right, if you have the Airave 1.0 it's going bye-bye because it's old and not as good as the newer model, the Airave 2.5

I can't find the letter I got with the specific phone number, but you can call and upgrade to the 2.5 for free if you have the old Airave.  Why not, right?  Better coverage for free!

On the sprint site, it says "Call us at 1-800-SPRINT-1 (1-800-777-4681) to order the 2.5"

but if you already own one you can call this number for better assistance:

24/7 AIRAVE Customer Support Line:

1-866-556-7310

**************************************************************I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own.*************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes they are, if you have the older airave 1.0. In the letter you received you can call, sprint at the number on your letter and order a newer one which is 2.5 I believe

Wizard

timber111,

The Airave altogether will not be discontinued however it will be replaced with a newer model. If you need assistance in doing so or have any other question I am here to help.

Jessica D

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

My Airave (the total POS that it is) is none of the models mentioned above.  It is a model HubBub C1-600RT.  Do I need a replacement?

Wizard

StevenBoothe,

At this time only the Airave 1.0 is begin decommissioned and replaced. If experiencing technical defects please reach out to Airave support at (866) 556-7310.

Jessica D

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

It does not matter.  EVERY Sprint tech is totally unreliable.  I have had ongoing issues for almost a year now.  Tech after tech has PROMISED to fix the situation.  they ask the normal cross streets info, they go on to ask my contact info so they can call.  No one ever calls.  My phones are still highly unreliable.  The biggest problem that remains is that calls go through but 95% of the time we can hear the other party but they cannot hear us.  It is blatantly obvious that this issue is one that either sprint does not want to (can't) fix, or they just do not want me as a customer any longer.  After 15+ years I would think you would treat me better.  You guys have the most incompetent and unreliable tech department of any business I have dealt with in my 57 years of walking this planet.  Since my contract expired yesterday and no one at Sprint give's a damn about this issue, I will be dropping off this POS airave thing at the local Sprint store as soon as I get service elsewhere.  Thanks!

Wizard

StevenBoothe,

You are not unaccounted for in my book. Having you as a customer is a vital and your business is appreciated. This is a concern that needs to be addressed. Making a phone call is a request that we can handle. To do so please email sprintcares@sprint.com ,with link to post, phone number and pin. Let us help.

Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

stils88 you and all of sprint are laughable.  Let us help?  REALLY.  How about getting off of your collective bung holes and actually start doing the job you are paid to do?    I have been asking for help here for almost a year.  I have given my cross streets pin phone number email address and maybe even a blood and semen sample to every tech here.  EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU have taken that info then disappeared and refuse to even reply again.  COCOHONEY is about useless, CaptRandom either does not have the authority or knowledge to fix anything. Gee just disappeared on me, and now you say LET US HELP.  Tell ya what cupcake, I have something you can help with but I am not sure if you are going to like it...