cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE 4G HAWAII AREA - Samsung galaxy s III

Journeyman

LTE 4G HAWAII AREA - Samsung galaxy s III

Is there any updates for LTE 4G sattelite in honolulu hawaii ?
its for samsung galaxy s 3

thanks <3

8 REPLIES

Re: LTE 4G HAWAII AREA - Samsung galaxy s III

No updates at this time. To get more information and to sign up for notifications when 4G LTE launches in your area, go to www.sprint.com/4glte.

Ray

Journeyman

Phone rep said LTE should be active by the end of the year, we'll see

Journeyman

I doubt LTE work will start in HI until the end of 2013. Wimax is already there and it is a logistical nightmare.

Journeyman

If it's not until the end of 2013, Sprint will have lost all their customers in HI to VZ, AT&T and T-Mo.  I'm already getting super fed up with the degredation in service quality and speeds on 3G that I've noticed in the past 6 months.  I think that a lot of people upgraded to LTE devices and/or picked up the iphone which has put a huge strain on the network here compared to before.

If I don't see some improvement or announcement of HI by January, I'm out & moving to T-Mo or AT&T until Sprint gets their act together.  Seriously, I can't believe that Puerto Rico & the US Virgin Islands are getting LTE before us.

Journeyman

Same, T-mo has some interesting monthly 4g plans

Journeyman

Totally agree! Ever since Sprint got the iPhone 5, their service and connection has been getting worse and worse! And what is up with the 4G? So disappointed in Sprint. I've been with them for over 15 years and getting pretty fed up not being able to use data on my phone. What's the use of having an unlimited plan if you can't even get coverage?

Journeyman

Same here.  Been with Sprint since they bought out the old PrimeCo network here (wow - flashback!), so I figure that's about 13 years based on when they were bought out back in 1999.  Had no complaints before when I was using WiMax devices.  3G was mostly reliable and consistently ~1Mbps down, and the option of Wimax at 3-5Mbps was nice.  Should have stuck with it instead of moving up to the Evo LTE, since I could at least fall back onto the Wimax for data.  Now I'm stuck with an LTE phone and crappy slow 3G.  I've been tracking via speedtest, and I've yet to see anything close to 1Mbps on either my Evo or my wife's iphone 5. 

2012-12-24 07.50.33.png

Irony is, now that everyone is on LTE devices, the Wimax network flies!  I also signed up for a freedompop free hotspot, which uses the Wimax network, and I'm getting 5-7 Mbps bursts and 2-3Mbps consistently.  It just sucks that now I have to carry around a hotspot device just so I can get decent data speeds on my phone.  If I wasn't locked in on 2 contracts, I'd move all 3 of my lines to VZ in a heartbeat, even though I'm going to pay $20 more a month by my math on their new share everything plan.

End rant...

Journeyman

Why pay a premium for unusable unlimited data? Doesn't make sense. Like others on the island Verizon is where its at for us...

Sprint has neglected its 3G network on island - poor performance as usual - they might as well save themselves money, fire the sprint employees and shutdown the network - just give up, leave the island and clear the air waves for other wireless providers who care.

Your network performance is much better than mine using a Galaxy S3.

Screenshot_2013-04-01-11-58-11.png

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.