cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE for Roanoke VA?

Journeyman N4m
Journeyman

LTE for Roanoke VA?

I have an upgrade but I'm wondering when Roanoke, VA will receive 4G LTE coverage.

I would rather get Verizon or AT&T soley because they have 4G in this city already...

I'd rather not upgrade my phone with another 2 year contract if I can't have 4G LTE on Sprint.

3 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: LTE for Roanoke VA?

N4m,

We are bringing 4G LTE and improved 3G coverage to several cities in Virginia. There are no announcements regarding Roanoke specifically, but look for us to continue to expand LTE coverage in the coming months. We would love for you to continue to choose Sprint for your wireless needs.

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Let's see. I have been with Sprint since the Hero. I bought the Evo, Evo 3D, Evo LTE and now the One. That's 2 Wimax phones and 2 LTE phones and I have NEVER used 4g...It's incredibly sad that Sprint can't show some love to Roanoke. I no longer recommend Sprint to you or any of my friends...the 3G is just too slow and unreliable and I don't look for us to have 4g of any sort no earlier than 2016-2017.

Journeyman

I have been a Sprint customer for more than 20 years. Since moving to Roanoke I have struggled with coverage in residential areas. In our home there is only one bar and conversations are difficult. Several months ago I received a promotional card in the mail from Sprint which said I was eligible for the Airave internet cell phone service. It only took a few minutes to log into my account to sign up. You guessed it... Sprint disappointed me again. My zip code isn't covered by the service. You can tell from the Sprint response above that they are in no hurry to improve service in Roanoke. My current contract ends in October. Why pay for service I can't use? I've had it with Sprint. Other carriers are providing much better service.