cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of service, customer no-service

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lack of service, customer no-service

Let me start by saying that I have been a sprint customer for over 13 years. All I want is reliable phone service, is that too much to ask? I have been patient, nice, paid my bills on time. How can a company treat customers like this all the time??? I never asked for phone problems, I have much better things to do with my time than call Sprint to complain. I know what follows is long, but in reality, it is just the tip of the iceberg of what I have been going through for the past 5 months. Sprint knows they have a big problem, but won't admit it, and won't fairly compensate their loyal customers. Again, all I want is good phone service, or let me out of my contract so I can go to another company who cares about its customers!

Me (in Feb): I am having service problems on all 4 of my lines in this area, dropped calls, calls not getting through, texts not going through.

Sprint rep: We cam help you, let me look into that for you. OK, WOW, you have 3 issues. 2 towers in your area are being repaired and one is being upgraded to our new and faster service !! The 2 being repaired will be done in a few weeks when parts get in, the upgrade will be done by the end of March.

Me: OK, i guess I'll have to live with it till then, Thanks

Me (the end of March): I am having service problems on all 4 of my lines in this area, dropped calls, calls not getting through, texts not going through. I called a few weeks ago and was told there were 3 issues and I expected them to be done by now.

Sprint rep: I would be happy to check into this for you. Well you will be glad to know that one tower is fixed!! The other one is waiting on parts and should be fixed in a few weeks. The upgrade hopefully will be done by the end of April. Then you should see much faster service!!!!!!!

Me: But my service is no good and have to keep paying you month after month for no service. I have 4 useless lines!

Sprint rep: I know how bad you must feel.....I had to go through the same thing when they upgraded my area. But you will have much faster service when we are done !!!!!!!! Let me send you an airrave for your house. That MIGHT help your reception when you are at home.

Me: what about my other lines and when I am NOT at home?

Sprint rep: Well let me send you an airrave and you can see if it works.

Me: well, how about some credit because I have 4 useless lines?

Sprint rep: When everything is all said and done, we will decide then how much credit anyone is due.

Me: Well thanks for nothing, I guess I just have to keep playing the waiting game.

Me (in mid May): I am having service problems on all 4 of my lines in this area, dropped calls, calls not getting through, texts not going through. I called a few weeks ago and was told there were 2 issues and I expected them to be done by now.

Sprint rep: I am sorry, let me look at what is happening...I see you are in an upgrade area. We are not sure when that will be done.

Me: Enough! I was told this would be done in April. I have 4 lines with no service and no one is willing to help.

Sprint rep: I'm sorry sir, you should have never been told it would be done in April, let me transfer you to the tech dept......

Tech dept: Sprint, may I help you?

Me: when they transferred me to you, did they tell you why I was calling?

Tech rep: no sir, what can I help you with?

Me: yada yada yada explaining over again...

Tech rep: I can't say when the upgrade will be complete, but it will give you much faster service !!!!!!! If I had to guess though, I would say by the end of July, but don't hold me to that...

Me: Alright I've had enough, I want out of my contract or at least credit. I have 4 lines that are useless! Please let me speak with a customer service supervisor.

Supervisor: OK, I have read the notes, hold one minute please, while I investigate......

Me: after being on hold for 45 minutes, I hung up and called back. I am not very happy now....I went through the whole problem no service, not able to make or receive calls, most texts taking 3 or 4 tries, texts coming in days late, all happening on 4 different lines!!!

Sprint rep: Let me transfer you to someone in the retention dept....

Retention: May I help you?

Me: did they tell you why they transferred me to you?

Retention: No, How may I help you?

Me: I explained the problems again, and by now, I want out of the contract because no one is willing to do anything!

Retention: Out of your contract?????no way. READ IT SIR....WE DO NOT GUARANTEE WORKING PHONE SERVICE!! WE ONLY GUARANTEE THAT WE WILL TRY TO GIVE YOU PHONE SERVICE. Let me look into your account. Well sir, according to my computer, you have NEVER had a dropped call on any of you lines, you have NEVER had a problem with any outgoing calls on any line, you have NEVER had a call not come in on any line, you have NEVER had a problem texting on any line. In fact sir, you have NEVER had any problem with any of your 4 lines.

I will however give you $50 credit for 4 months because of the upgrade.

Me: you do mean $50 per line correct> because I have 4 lines that are useless and have been for sometime now.

Retention:No, I told you before sir, you do not have a problem, but I will give you $50 total because of the upgrade.

Me: Are you calling me a liar then? I have much better things to do with my time than to call you about a phone problem. I wish I wasn't having problems, I don't want problems, but my phone lines are worthless!

Retention: I am not calling you a liar, but you do not have problems and can not get out of your contract. If that is all sir, have a nice day!

Me (5 days ago on vacation): I don't have any phone service and your coverage map says I should have good service here, I can't even roam for some reason. My wife's phone is having the same problem.

Sprint rep: Let me look into this, yep, you have veru good service in that area, I don't understand. Let's reboot your phone.....dropped call

Me: dropped call, no service   dropped call, no service   dropped call, no service   dropped call, no service   .....

8 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Lack of service, customer no-service

cmarkj

Thanks for posting on our community forum. We do value, that you’ve been part of our sprint family for so long. Our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience you’ve gone through. I'm here to address all your concerns. First, let’s take a close look at the towers one of your phones feeds from, may I have the most frequented cross streets and zip code?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks

Josmary

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Chase Rd and Rt 30

Wizard

cmarkj

Thanks for the information. I was able to determine the cause of the service disruption you are experiencing. We are currently working on upgrading and re-constructing the network in your area, this is a complex process however technicians are working hard and as fast as possible to get this network optimization completed. These changes will bring you data & voice improvements & better in-building coverage. Learn more here www.sprint.com/LTE . I know this is a hard situation for you but we appreciate your patience; you won’t regret the wait.

Thanks

Josmary

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I'm going through the same issue. just got a whopping $25 credit(a month). for a problem that was to be corrected back on June 15th. no another call some time in July. no wait another call have an booster be sent to home. wait another call its August now before it will be fix. $285 a month for my family of 4 to play games & use the phone for social networking but I can't even use my phone to pay the bill. maybe I should not pay untill Sprint gives me the service that i was promised.

Journeyman

Not pay for what Sprint promised you??  Read your contract. I can't believe you think that they promised you working cell phone service. The only thing you were promised that fateful day when you signed that contract, was that Sprint will send you a bill every month for the next 2 years no matter what. Whether you have phone service or not, you will get a bill and you will be expected to pay it on time. As they told me in no uncertain terms, Sprint DOES NOT promise anyone working cell phone service or that their service area maps are correct. They DO NOT promise service speed or anything in the way of you having service of any kind.

It is very unfortunate that they have us over a barrel....if you call to complain or get a problem straightened out, they can ignore you, put you on hold or refuse to let you talk to a supervisor and there is not a darn thing you can do but grin and bear it. It will cost you a fortune to leave, but I can promise one thing, the way they are treating customers these days, there will be a great number of people leaving when their contracts are up. What goes around, comes around.

Wizard

cmarkj,

I know this is frustrating (I too am going through Network Vision in my area).  We don't take our customers for granted but this is something we must to to keep up with phone technology as well as the amount of users now on cell phones.  We are looking forward to finishing this project up so that you can start to experience faster data speeds and fewer dropped calls.  But with all network builds this takes time as things do get in the way such as site zoning and approvals.  You are right it's very frustrating at the moment and yes you may experience service interruptions (as we are completely rebuilding towers) but we just want to give you the network that you can be proud of. 

Thank you very much for all your patience

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

Can't get service at my house that we have had for last 8 years.   Why doesn't Sprint let people know of these outages in order to "build the network"  There is no way I should be roaming within the suburbs of LA.  Then when you try to get help through the internet site  it's like walking a never ending maze, then you try to call and routed a hundred different ways, but you don't have service at your house so your call gets dropped.  Ha Ha --have to laugh

Wizard

CAPITCH44,

Thank you for your post as well.  Just to clarify you haven't had service in your house for 8 years? Please correct me on that one because 8 years is a long time.  We have notified customers of our network upgrade through your bill.  There should be a section that explains what Network Vision is as well as where to get additional information: www.Sprint.com/network or www.Sprint.com/LTE

Let me know your zip code and cross streets and I will survey your nearest tower and get you a status on them.  Please let me know what phone you have as well.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Dania

Social Care