cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Las Vegas 4g LTE???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Las Vegas 4g LTE???

I bought my evo 4g lte because the sprint retail agent said vegas will be getting 4g lte. But i dont see it on the list. wtf????

18 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Las Vegas 4g LTE???

I am sorry that you were not informed Las Vegas was not on the list yet for our LTE network, but you did choose an amazing phone that will be ready for LTE when it does come. The other benefit of upgrading now is getting that dual-core processor. I also upgraded my phone without LTE in my area, and love how much faster my phone is then my last phone.  If you are not satisfied with your new phone, remember we have the 14 day return policy, and you can always check our progress on LTE at Sprint.com/LTE.

*Samantha

Social Care

Journeyman

It is a great phone. When is Las Vegas, NV getting 4g LTE?

Wizard

Great question, and I apologize that I don’t know the answer. You will want to keep checking back at Sprint.com/LTE.

*Samantha

Social Care 

Journeyman

A local Sprint higher up here in Vegas told me that LTE began rolling out in the resort corridor at the beginning of November but would not be formally announced until the city was at a 50% buildout.  I also have had discussions with someone who is involved with the cell tower business and he also confirmed this.

They want it in place before CES.

Dave

Journeyman

That's funny, I bought my Galaxy SII for the 4g WIMAX that I still CANNOT receive at my house (nor pretty much anywhere in the country I travel.)  The 3g is TERRIBLY slow too. I love paying the extra 10$ a month for such spotty service. Thanks sprint! My husband has the galaxy sIII, with the rate they're going, they'll release LTE here (at our house- Sandhill/Trop) just in time for our contract to expire so we can go back to Verizon and actually make phone calls again.  This article sums up how Sprint is phasing out the 4g WiMAX they promised me, when I never recieved the service to begin with! http://http://gigaom.com/mobile/as-sprint-turns-to-lte-wimax-becomes-its-prepaid-4g-network/ While this article sums up how I feel about Sprint's coverage right now http://http://www.dailytech.com/Sprint+is+Biggest+Loser+in+Nationwide+3G4G+Speed+Test/article24494.h... AND yes, I know that the official line is now that the extra ten bucks is NOT a 4g charge.... ALSO FUNNY< because that's what THEY told me it was for when I upgraded to the Galaxy SII from my Samsung Moment and they didn't charge it when I upgraded from the HTC touch pro to the Moment, which were BOTH smartphones... So I don't like being told it's a "smartphone" fee when I wasn't charged the extra ten $ per line for any of my other smartphones over the years.   I don't like paying extra for the PLEASURE of receiving such terribly slow service nor being lied to and told it's a "smartphone" fee. BS Sprint.  I would be HAPPY to pay an extra 10$ a month if your service was even 10% as good as you say it is, and keep promising your loyal customers it WILL be in the near future. Right. I'm sure you'll start honoring your promises any day now.

Journeyman

Screw the LTE it just would have been nice to still have 4G on the new generation of phones. The Evo and Galaxy could have at least had an option between 4G & 4G LTE. Upgrade your phone and step back to 3G it blows!

Journeyman

Screw the LTE it just would have been nice to still have 4G on the new generation of phones. The Evo and Galaxy could have at least had an option between 4G & 4G LTE. Upgrade your phone and step back to 3G it blows!

Journeyman

Has there been an updated ETA for 4G coming to Las Vegas? I was told back in November that it would be anywhere from January to March for the upgrade. I still haven't seen anything yet......

GrandMaster

im guessing someone in store told you this? none of the sprint people have the actual dates..they wont know until the crews on the actual sites inform them that a tower is done..even if they DID know they cant say anything until it has been publicly announced through sprint about that particular area..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************