cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milwaukee 4g

Highlighted
Journeyman

Milwaukee 4g

Any word on when Milwaukee will be getting 4g?  I do not want to get the new iphone if this may not be available for awhile yet...

92 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Milwaukee 4g

No word on Milwaukee as of yet. You can check out www.sprint.com/lte to check out the upcoming cities and to sign up for notifications when it comes to your area.

Master

You can also check S4GRU to get an idea. keep in mind, no affiliation with Sprint.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-153-are-milwaukee-and-cleveland-making-a-run-on-the-sprint-...

But it will give you an idea at least. Looks like possibly 3rd round.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I to live in Wisconsin and for four years have been paying for 4g coverage  on three phones,.   I have yet to se I have yet to see it and everytime I read Wisconsin hasn't even starte to become 4g capabl so I wish they would either stop lying to me or fix the problem becaus like I said for the last 4 years I've been paying for 4g coverage on 3 like I said for the last 4 years I've been paying for 4g coverage on 3 phones and never get to us and never get to use it

Wizard

I am sorry that you have not yet had 4G coverage in your area. The $10 premium data charge is not for 4G, though.It is a charge for all smartphones on the Sprint network. I am sorry if you were misinformed.

Journeyman

We are not stupid.  The charge was intially setup to charge consumers an extra $10.00 a month for 4G.  Then, when people started complaining that they didnt even have 4G in there area, you changed the fee to a "Smartphone" fee so people couldnt complain about it.  It seriously is insulting to your customers.

Journeyman

It is tough to be patient.  Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, even US Cellular have 4G LTE in Milwaukee.  (TM is comparible to LTE in 4G)

Journeyman

Here's an interesting study from RootMetrics regarding download and upload speeds of the 5 carriers in Milwaukee:  http://www.rootmetrics.com/compare-carriers/united-states/milwaukee/milwaukee-november-2012/

Surmised to say, Verizon wins by a landslide with average download speeds of 15.7 Mbps while Sprint came in last with 0.8 Mbps download speeds.

Master

Since we do not have 4g service in the area at this time I am not surprised at the result.   3g vs 4g

Journeyman

It is absurd how poor the "3G" data coverage is in Milwaukee.  Why I have waited a full year living here without switching to Verizon is beyond me.

No REAL improvement to to data service in a full year and no timetable for LTE is unacceptable.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.