cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Dropped Calls Northern Minneapolis Suburb

Journeyman

Multiple Dropped Calls Northern Minneapolis Suburb

I am seriously considering dropping my contract after what happened today. I used to have great service from my home, no problems at all... Then they started making "improvements" in my area. For the past couple of months, I am getting dropped calls consistently (and all of this right after I purchased the home unit that hooks up instead of a land line in my house). Doctors, hotel reservation lines, school calls, ..... I can't even have a conversation without either blipping in and out or getting completely dropped. Listening to the beginning of the hotel reservation line 4 times was a real treat....believe me. So I call customer service (for at least the 3rd time since this all started) and they tell me that their records show no problems in my area and no more than 3 dropped calls in the last 10 days! EXCUSE ME!?! Then she suggests the problem is with my iphone, but if that is the case, why are calls from my home phone unit getting dropped too? So she suggests the problem is with the location of my home and wants to charge me $129 to get my home assessed with some new device. IF MY HOME WAS THE PROBLEM, WHY DID I NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS UNTIL YOUR COMPANY STARTED MAKING CHANGES?!? I got better reception camping further north last week than I do around my own home in a metro area! So, I unplugged the home unit to see if re-booting the system might improve my service AND NOW IT WON'T EVEN TURN BACK ON AGAIN! I have had it! Verizon might see me in their store VERY soon.

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Multiple Dropped Calls Northern Minneapolis Suburb

Okay, today's total: 2 dropped calls to church, 3 dropped calls to a hotel in Miami, 2 dropped calls to Missouri Dept. of Transportation, 3 dropped calls to my mother, 3 (at least) more dropped calls to a friend (who also has a SPRINT phone), and still counting...... only 5:00 right now.....

Journeyman

I hear you t. I have had the same issues since before the 4th of July. I thought it was my old Blackberry World, so I got a Samsung Galaxy Note II. Well this new phone likes to ROAM at home. I went to the Sprint store July 5th and they told me the network would  be fixed Jul 9 or 10. Well here we sit Aug 12. Phone just went to roaming. I have 4 phones on my data plan. Some work some do not. I called customer service and complained they said call back when things are fixed. Well I called back last week as I was on vac and out of town until then. Really did not get much support. If this keeps up I will be switching carriers as well. Verizon on the horizon.

Journeyman

Every call I make is dropped as well!  My brother made the switch from Sprint to Verizon and has had ZERO dropped phone calls.  I called to complain a few months ago and they sent me an airwave, which was supposed to help.  I don't understand why I am paying for a service that doesn't work. 

Journeyman

The dropped calls have become unbearable.  I live in Brooklyn Park and my signal strength has been getting progressively worse since July 2013. It is now so bad I can not keep a call active for more than a minute or 2 in my front yard.  I have more than 10 dropped calls every day, no matter where I am in the metro area. My business partner and I depend on our phones. I try to call Sprint customer service and my calls drop again and again before I can even report a problem with service.  I am pulling our 2  phone plan and 2 other employee phones all to Verizon on Monday.  I am recommending to all my business associates that are having trouble with Sprint signal that they do the same.  Enough is enough.

Journeyman

My contract is up on November 11th. I plan on either going to AT&T, or Verizon. Regardless, due to the lack of customer care from Sprint. And phone service going in to the tank. I'll be going to someone new. BTW, no to little service in Hugo, MN