cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network and Signal Booster Apps

Journeyman

Re: Network and Signal Booster Apps

If you don't mind could you please explain how? Was it because of the Airave device? Were there any security features to limit the access to the Airave. (I had one of these years ago and I could setup authorized users only).

Journeyman

i asked for one, but they told me to buy on ebay....

Journeyman

could you let me know if you get one from the store??? i'm gonna go get one too....thanks!!!

Journeyman

I bought a signal booster off eBay and it works pretty well. It wasn't an Airave so I'm not sure how well it works. I got mine from a company called zBoost. If you just put "zBoost" in the eBay search, you'll get a ton of different options depending on how much signal coverage you need.

Journeyman

Interesting. When I got my Airave a few years ago, Sprint was charging $90 for the equipment and $5 a month for service.  Through a happy coincidence, the guy I bought my Airave from on eBay never disconnected his account, so I never had to pay for the service

If you're looking to connect to the Wi-Fi of the house, you would need to install a Wi-Fi booster (physical equipment, not an app) if the signal is too weak where you are.  If you install an Airave, it will give you full phone and 3G internet, but won't help with the Wi-Fi signal.

Journeyman

The airave is free if you live in an area that has a bad signal on their coverage map. I live next to a freeway and they told me they aim their towers to the freeway, hence my signal sucked. I got the airave for free , no charges on my last bill

Journeyman

Did this device boost your signal?

Journeyman

It did increase the signal around the house, however, it did very little for the bandwidth for data. Too many people using the network in my area, not enough network.

Journeyman

Abe, can you tell me why this is being publicized here as being free of charged, but when I called regarding coverage issues and lost calls in my home yesterday, the assistant supervisor, Bea, told me they were giving this to me free of charge ONLY because I was a customer for 10+ years.  This was AFTER she kept me on hold off an on for 30+ minutes - total call time to Sprint was 40+ minutes, and ONLY AFTER arguing with me and harrassing me about whether or not I really  need it - even thought I only have 1 bar at home (exceptional coverage according to her).  The device was recommended to me by the customer service rep I first got on the phone, I did not call in requesting it, I called in asking for help about my coverage.  I have to admit this is the worst service I have ever gotten with Sprint, and I believe Bea kept me on hold as a game to see if I would wait to receive the device, or just hang up.  She also told me that if I don't use it, and I quote "and we can tell if you use it or not." I need to return it or I will be charged $140.  I would appreciate an honest response as to what I should expect. Thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As a long time sprint customer, I found that if you want to get fast and exceptional service skip right to the Representitives that handels when your contract is over. They are very polite and knowlegeable. Im waiting on a devise as well. The only thing she told me was that if I ever left Sprint for any reason to just return it or they would charge me for it.