cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mobile HOTSPOT Pricing

Journeyman

New Mobile HOTSPOT Pricing

Sprint has just changed the Mobile HOTSPOT costs on their phones...    The 29.99 is now gone...  You can choose either 19.99 for a 2GB limit or 49.99 for a 6GB limit...    The new $20 plan is interesting to see how it works with my Kindle Fire...    I also wonder if this reduction in cost will get more folks to sign up legally instead of using PDANET et al for ad hoc WIFI connection features???   

37 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: New Mobile HOTSPOT Pricing

This is BS by the way.

Can any let me know what we can actually do with the 2GB as opposed to what we have now?

Journeyman

Anyone who currently has the $30 plan can keep it till they cancel...

I frankly find the $20 limited use price a good deal for me...   Compare that to 3G plans on IPAD's  and it is a better deal...

Journeyman

Okay I guess what I was asking is how limited you would be?

So I only use this hotspot when I travel which is only 5-10 days a month and will ususally use this while I do. Will 20 g's do it for me or what?

And since I am upgrading my account are they going to force me to switch this plan or will I keep the 30 dollar one?

Journeyman

I just surf the internet mainly or watch youtube...

Thanks!!!

Wizard

In response to your post,

No one will be switched (or forced to switch) to the 2GB or 6GB offer.  Most existing MHS/PAM subs have the 5GB offer and will simply start having the 5GB limit systematically tracked.  Those on unlimited offers will be switched to a 5GB limit unless they fall under an exception.  Tablet customers with hotspot will start seeing an extra/separate 5GB hotspot bucket whereas before, their hotspot usage deducted from their Tablet plan. Please keep in mind that if you do switch or cancel and then add back on, you will have only the new plans available to choose from.

Hope this clarified some things for you.

Markie_B

Journeyman

This is great thanks!

So if we have it we are good and nothing wil change but we wil be given more usage. I can live with that. finally something in our favor. YAY!!

Thanks

Journeyman

DOUG_HENNING wrote:

Anyone who currently has the $30 plan can keep it till they cancel...

I frankly find the $20 limited use price a good deal for me...   Compare that to 3G plans on IPAD's  and it is a better deal...

You cannot compare the mobile broadband to 3G plans for ipads as this would be like comparing apples to oranges.  To have the mobile hotspot plan you need cell phone service first.  So you would have to factor in overall cost.  ATT has mobile hotspot include with the 5GB plan and Verizon with the 2GB plan.  So t ocompare this feature, you would have to add up overall costs between the providers with the cost of cell service as well.

Now if you were to compare tablet data plan to tablet data plan only, it would break down as follows:

ATT

$30 for 3GB

$50 for 5GB

$10 per GB for overages

Verizon

$30 for 2GB

$50 for 5GB

$10 per GB for overages

Sprint

$35 for 3GB

$50 for 6GB

$256 per GB for overages

Is it a better deal.  I am not to sure about that

Journeyman

haylai23 wrote:

This is great thanks!

So if we have it we are good and nothing wil change but we wil be given more usage. I can live with that. finally something in our favor. YAY!!

Thanks

What are you talking about?

You wont be given more usage.  You will simply keep the original $30/5GB that you had prior to this change as long as you dont drop/modify it.  They are not giving you more usage.  Just simply not changing anything on your account.

Journeyman

Well too be honest I did not know how much usage I had in the first place. So sorry for my confusion as I really dont use it that much I just like the comfort of being able to have it when I need it.