cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customers getting a better deal then loyal customers

Journeyman

New customers getting a better deal then loyal customers

I absolutely never understood this. Why is that a new customer gets a better price on a phone then I do when I get my opportunity to upgrade my phone. Its nonsense

And believe me, I understand why its like that, they want to attract new customers. But whats the point of an upgrade at the end of  2 year contract when a new customer gets the same price or in most cases a better price then you do on a new phone? How are current customers being rewarded? I might as well leave to a new carrier. I would like to upgrade to the HTC one, at the moment I'm eligible for an upgrade, with my discount its 199.99. For new customers, its 99.99, or if you go 3rd party its 49.99. The best I found outside of sprint using my upgrade is 99.99.

I just believe the business model is all wrong. How about a reward for customers that are loyal. We should be getting better prices on phones then new customers.

I'm ranting but this has always baffled me and its stooooopid

37 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: New customers getting a better deal then loyal customers

Never understood the concept.

Journeyman

actually new customers could get the HTC one for 29.99 from amazon (deal just expired but you can google it). Also previous to that HTC was also running a promotion to "change up" for $100 fir any trade in phone. I agree with you 100% I have a thread up regarding this exact matter and still no replies from mods: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/128345

Wizard

sbritton81,

I'm sorry that you feel this way. We don't see it as new vs. existing customers. Currently whether you open a new line of service or upgrade you get the same promotion from us. 3rd parties may offer different promotions but it is at their discretion only. We also offer a trade in program via corporate Sprint Stores or www.Sprintbuyback.com to help you get some money back on your old phone.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Sorry Carlos, but you're wrong,

New customers get much better deals than us. I know this because my contract is up and the prices for new devices is higher than if I were a non Sprint client.

Wizard

EZE4DA3747,

Thanks for posting. Please let me know which phone you are looking to upgrade to.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

That's not an answer to the OP

NYClos wrote:

EZE4DA3747,

Thanks for posting. Please let me know which phone you are looking to upgrade to.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

EZE4DA3747,

Sprint currently sells devices at the same price to new and existing customers. We do not manage the promotions offered by 3rd party dealers.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

GrandMaster

EZE4DA3747 wrote:

Sorry Carlos, but you're wrong,

New customers get much better deals than us. I know this because my contract is up and the prices for new devices is higher than if I were a non Sprint client.

correct me if im wrong but doesnt ATT and Verizon do this as well? its kind of a known deal with ALL carriers

**************************************************************I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own.*************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

We deserve it..... Sprint sucks.... Departing buying out my contract North Texas 75069-75093