cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia

Journeyman

Re: Nokia Lumia

It is SUCH a joke that you Sprint reps always come in EVERY single time one of your customers ask 'specifically' about when you're going to FINALLY get a Nokia Lumia phone and you reply back with some junk about your Samsung or HTC phones.  First of all... Both the phones you currently offer are flippin' LIGHT YEARS behind ANY Nokia Lumia flagship handset.  Microsoft has now released the GDR2 update to Windows 8 and it's fantastic that they are now releasing the updates themselves Over-The-Air, because we saw Sprint handled the Windows Phones 7.8 update for the HTC Arrive... It was NEVER released!  The benefit to MS releasing GDR2 is that now they can operate on Qualcomm CDMA standards as requested by the FTC, which is what every single CDMA carrier besides Verizon absolutely insisted on before releasing WP8. But you already know this as your 2 new HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo were released with the GDR2 update pre-installed. Nokia is ready to start pushing WP8 and soon WP8.1 to ALL of the CDMA carriers throughout the world, especially in the U.S., so let me repeat the question in hopes of a different answer.

What excuses does Sprint have NOW for not putting a flagship Nokia Lumia w/WP8 into their phone lineup?

I don't want to hear ANY responses about your lovely HTC or Samsung phones, nor do I want to hear anything about 'Please keep an eye on our Sprint News page' for any updates that we may release about finally offering a Nokia phone.  I also don't want to hear anything about how your CEO Dan Hesse used to serve on the Nokia board of directors and just has 'Bad Blood' there with them still.  If that's the deal, then tell him to check his pride at the door and actually do what his 'customers' want instead.  Just do us ALL a 'solid' favor and go do some ACTUAL research/homework on this question. Then come back to deliver all of your hundreds of thousands of customers wanting one of these phones with an answer that you did not just copy/paste from your Customer Service software program with a database of automated answers!!!

It would be WISE if you (Sprint) could at least give us customers even a 'hint' of hope for a Nokia phone on your network to avoid not only these mass complaints and outrage, but also to keep so many of them jumping ship to other carriers.  Even if you could just say something like, "Sprint is planning on soon releasing a variant of Nokia Lumia's WP8 phone, but we unfortunately just do not yet have an official date".  Something along those lines would be enough to stop this vicious circle of 'Duck, Duck, Goose' you seem to keep wanting to play with all of us.

What excuses does Sprint have NOW for not putting a flagship Nokia Lumia w/WP8 into their phone lineup?

Thank You
Loyal Sprint Customer for past 14 years (will not make it to 15 w/o REAL answer)

Highlighted
Wizard

cuetech,

Thanks for voicing your concerns. I wish that I could say we are releasing a flagship Nokia device but we don't have any information on that at this time. There is no research to perform. Once Sprint communicates any information on offering a Nokia device we will announce it.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Back in July of 2012 Nokia's Richard Kerris, VP of Worldwide Developer Relations (Nokia), said in an interview with Neowin that the phone maker expects Lumia Windows Phone devices to be available from Verizon Wireless and Sprint in the U.S. soon. Though Kerris didn't reveal any specific details, his comments reiterate earlier statements made by Nokia CEO Stephen Elop, who said that Nokia planned to offer differentiated Lumia devices to each of the four major U.S. carriers. "Soon" in this case likely refers to this Fall, which is when Windows Phone 8 is expected to debut. Kerris also reiterated that the imaging technology used in the PureView 808 will make its way to Lumia Windows Phone device, though he declined to say which device or when. Last, Kerris said that the company is spending a significant amount of money on research and development and that "people will be climbing over themselves" to get new Nokia products come the Spring of 2013. Therefore I very much doubt it is Nokia's decision not to sell the Lumia range on Sprint.

Journeyman

Doesn't really matter to me.  Two more months to go.  At that time if no Nokia win8 phone I'm off to tmobile.