cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Phone Calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls

My husband and I have just bought galaxy s3 and s4 on yesteday and we are having the exact same problem you are. Both of us are having a delay for incoming calls in and around are home area, but when I am at work, and we tried test calls in different areas and it would work. At or around our home when we try to call one another we noticed it will ring on the callers in about 5 to 6 times before the receiving phone would begin to ring, vibrate, light up or indicate in anyway that a call was coming through. We have tried the updating of the prl and data profile and that did not work we will try the other suggestions that have been posted, and I will post the results. If this does not work we may try another device, or even cancel service. We depend on our phones for work, and cant afford to miss calls likes this.

Wizard

Wildberry127,

Thank you for the post. I'm glad that your phone is working better but I'm not too happy that you must continually call to make sure it is responding.  I would recommend that you bring the phone to a service and repair location to have one of the techs take a look at it: www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Micahel C.

Wizard

Omega29a,

Thanks for the post.  A service alert went in to affect resulting in intermittent service in Austin and San Marcos.  The zip codes 78721 & 78723 were affected by these service issues. This could be the reason that all three phones are not showing great service simultaneously.  Are you currently within that area? Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Wizard

mrsespy,

Thank you for the reply.  Congratulations on the new phones!  Since you are having these issues in your home area and not in other areas I would like to check the tower serving your residence.  What are the closest set of cross streets and the zip code that you are situated in?  If you supply that information I can diagnose the state of the signals being delivered in the area immediately surrounding your home.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

JudgeGee,

I assure you that my problem, and likely Wildberry's too, is a network-related issue.

My phone started working suddenly today and the other two phones I have started working yesterday.

One pattern I've noticed is related to LTE coverage. In my office, I typically have a poor LTE signal and mediocre 3G. The phone typically cycles in and out of 3G and LTE. At about the time my problems started, my phone was showing full bars for LTE and pretty much remained that way (when at the office) until today when my reception returned to normal. As soon as my reception returned to normal, I started receiving calls and texts again. I live/work in the Austin, TX area, so basically every place I go on an average day is covered by Sprint LTE.

Wizard

omega29a,

Thanks for the post.  I read through your post and most of it seems to make sense for an area that has an ongoing service alert except for the fact that the two phones returned to normal service one day and the third didn’t come back until the following day.  What are the two device models that returned to service first and what is the phone model that took an additional day to return to functionality?

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

The phone that's had issues for about a month now is a Samsung Galaxy Note II. The issues started after a profile/PRL update.

The phones that experienced the issues for a day or two earlier this week are a Google Nexus S and an Apple iPhone 4s.

Only the the Galaxy Note II had a user-initiated profile/PRL update prior to the issues starting.

The Nexus S and iPhone 4s started working yesterday. The Galaxy Note II started working this morning after arriving at work. The phone would not receive calls during the commute this morning. I had my wife make a test call to the Galaxy Note II during the commute.

Wizard

omega29a,

Thanks for the post.  Here are the best steps to resolve a connectivity issue for the Samsung Note II:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Troubleshoot_issues_related_to_data_connectivity_on_your_S...

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Journeyman

I am having HUGE issues with not getting calls for the past 2 weeks. I had a Samsung Galaxy 3 and one day it just stopped receiving calls. It got voicemails, emails, and texts - just no phone calls. I spent 2 hours talking to the customer service group and they made the experience as horrible and painful as possible. Finally after speaking to 3 different people and continuing to demand their manager I was told that I needed to take it to the service center. I took it the next day and they kept it for an hour to test it and finally told me the phone was fine and that they were experiencing network issues. I found this hard to believe so I spoke with the store manager and he said the same thing about the network and that he had a Galaxy phone too and that he wasn't getting calls either. I asked him if he felt it acceptable to pay for a service that he wasn't getting and then let him know that his story seemed questionable because the store wasn't full of people complaining about not getting calls.

After speaking with the Account Services group I was put in touch with a very nice lady in Orlando who agreed to allow me to have an early upgrade at no penalty, all I had to do was buy a new phone from Sprint. Fine, so I went in Monday and bought a HTC One. It worked great in the store on 2 test calls but when I got home it was the same thing of not receiving calls. I have been back to a different Sprint service center and they looked at it and said that I needed to keep it set to CDMA to receive calls, although the phone will auto switch back to LTE/CDMA if you do any updates. Still no calls at home. Currently everyone at Sprint stores is saying it's the network and everyone in the customer service and account service groups is saying it's the phone - so no really seems to know how to resolve the issue.

Finally today I called the location I bought the phone from and they have agreed to take the phone back for a full refund and allow me to cancel my contract without penalty so I can find a carrier that can provide me incoming calls. After 15 years of being a Sprint customer they seem content to let me walk rather than help fix the problem which a lot of people seem  to be having. Bad business policy.

Wizard

RFRAYSER19,

Sorry to hear of the issues you’re having. I can assure you that we never want to lose a customer, especially one that has been with us for fifteen years.  I see that the store offered to cancel out your contract; I hope you haven’t done so already because I believe with some troubleshooting we can resolve your issues. 

It seems that the main problem is the reception at your home.  Is it primarily indoors that the service is affected?  Do you notice the same service issues in the area just outside of your home?

I’ve also noticed that you have not mentioned anything about internet connectivity; are you having issues pulling up the web on your device?

I really want to check the direct tower serving you, could you provide the closest cross streets to your residence as well as your zip code so that I may check the service level of that tower?  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.