cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls on Galaxy S3

Journeyman

Not receiving incoming calls on Galaxy S3

I am not getting any incoming calls to my Galaxy S3, I have had to make my voicemail greeting telling people to just leave a message and I'll get the notification that they left a voicemail.

To be clear, I am getting my texts just fine, just no calls. This is happening everywhere I go, which is from Grand Blanc, MI to Pontiac, MI, to Fenton, MI.

I have reset my phone, and updated my PRL and Profile, none of which helped.

This is getting to be very VERY annoying to the point that I am looking at moving back to AT&T.

10 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Not receiving incoming calls on Galaxy S3

idcwtf49

Thanks for posting. I can certainly understand your frustration, I would like to determine the cause of this issue and I would need to start  by looking at a specific location; may I have the cross streets & zip code of your most frequented area? I want to help, we value your business.

Josmary

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Saginaw and Holly Rds, 48439

Wizard

idcwtf49

Thanks for your response. The cell-site delivering your wireless signal is out of service; technicians are working diligently on getting the problem corrected. Your area is also undergoing network vision upgrades, this upgrade is aimed to enhance your wireless experience. Given the extensive work that’s being done, service disruption like the one you are experiencing might occur. You will notice improvement soon, please bear with us.

Josmary

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I'm not sure I believe this explanation.  for one, I have another sprint phone in my household that gets calls just fine.

idcwtf49-

Thanks for the reply and my apologies for the delay! I checked your area again and found that the outages impacting your specific cross streets have cleared. Have you noticed any improvements? I do see that we've been working on upgrades to many of the cell-sites in the area which can at times cause intermittent issues. Has the other user experienced any of the issues that you've encountered at all, even if intermittent?

Thanks,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I just had someone call me and no, still the same issue. The call did NOT go through to my phone, but the voicemail text message did.

No, the other Sprint User was having no issues what so ever.

Journeyman

idcwtf49

Thank you for the details. It seems from what you are describing that there is an issue with your device. The reason why I say that is because you stated that another Sprint device is working in the same location. Is it possible for you to visit a Sprint service repair center in order to have your device troubleshot. We certainly do not want you to have to go to another provider. Let us get this resolved for you. http://bit.ly/HmuBvA.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I went to my local Sprint Repair shop, and they informed me this is an issue with Google Voice. They took the "sock"(??) off of my account and the issue is now resolved, as in I can now receive calls to my device.

idcwtf49-

Thank you so much for the update and glad to hear that you're back in business! Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.