cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?

Journeyman

Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?

My 3G sucks too and have been told towers are being upgraded, then told that the upgrades have been completed and then again that they are upgrading towers - ALL by the same person.  Dropped calls and the fact that at 1:30am I actually get good 3G data download speeds while on 'peak' hours the data download sucks indicates that Sprint can not handle the traffic on their network. 

I see a huge class action lawsuit as we're all tired of hearing that they are 'sorry'. They should at least waive the $10 premium data fee until they sorta have their act together.  I'm expecting that they come out with the next excuse as 'oh 4G LTE wasn't planned in your area'.  I too was told all of the 4G LTE lies, recently they have not said anything so I think they know they are under pressure to deliver this or lose a LOT of customers.

Journeyman

My 3G sucks too and have been told towers are being upgraded, then told that the upgrades have been completed and then again that they are upgrading towers - ALL by the same person.  Dropped calls and the fact that at 1:30am I actually get good 3G data download speeds while on 'peak' hours the data download sucks indicates that Sprint can not handle the traffic on their network. 

I see a huge class action lawsuit as we're all tired of hearing that they are 'sorry'. They should at least waive the $10 premium data fee until they sorta have their act together.  I'm expecting that they come out with the next excuse as 'oh 4G LTE wasn't planned in your area'.  I too was told all of the 4G LTE lies, recently they have not said anything so I think they know they are under pressure to deliver this or lose a LOT of customers.

Journeyman

My Zip code is 19446, the issue that I am having is my status shows 3g and drops to "o" frequently. In order to fix this myself, I restored the iphone a few times, tried the ##873283# trick but still same issues. My phone worked fine the first month I had it but now the data is almost unusable. I have also performed the IOS updates from apple.

I understand the plan is ‘Truly Unlimited” but the speeds and connections issue do not allow me to use it efficiently, meaning streaming any content is a task rather than feature now. Also I would assume LTE would fix this, how come LTE is not available in my area yet? I am also getting charged “premium data” The data I have now is way subpar and is not a “premium” quality service.  Speedtest app shows the best speed I got on 3g last week is 0.03 mps download and 0.35 mps upload.

Please advise

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just talked to billing and I convinced them to waive $10 premium data until my network improves. I suggest you all try to do the same, it's not great but it helps.

Journeyman

Sprint acknowledged that in the Philly area that there the network can not handle the volume.  They are working to resolve this, have no timeline and assured that creidt will be applied.  I call BS, they will never credit the customers who complain. 

Journeyman

Sprint has the ability, it will take close to six months before they roll LTE in Phila. They have to migrate there old Nextel frequencies first. Users have to understand this process takes time, the City of Phila just switched off there old frequencies . Sprint is using there old Nextel freqs for LTE and I would assume Sprint is working very hard to switch things over. People you can;t understand the technical details and how difficult it is to switch things over nite. If there is still Nextel users out there then you know LTE is NOT ON. This what is going on behinf the scences. They need the frequecies first then switch it over . Realize they have to test also . If its on by the summer in Phila I'd really be surprised . If it works in Phila a little just a little . It will take time before Sprint has the capacity to get it up and running. This is the facts 

Journeyman

This process is going to take longer than Sprint will tell you . Trust me it will trickle on at best . I think next year it will be at full capacity.

Journeyman

Well I'm angry that they lead me to believe it'd be far sooner, e.g. at the conclussion of last year. I feel lied to. Of course it takes time to set up the network but that's their responsibility.

Journeyman

hsolo624 wrote:

They have to migrate there old Nextel frequencies first. Users have to understand this process takes time, the City of Phila just switched off there old frequencies . Sprint is using there old Nextel freqs for LTE and I would assume Sprint is working very hard to switch things over. People you can;t understand the technical details and how difficult it is to switch things over nite. If there is still Nextel users out there then you know LTE is NOT ON. This what is going on behinf the scences. They need the frequecies first then switch it over . Realize they have to test also . If its on by the summer in Phila I'd really be surprised . If it works in Phila a little just a little . It will take time before Sprint has the capacity to get it up and running. This is the facts 

Now that is simply not correct.  Sprint is in the process of rolling out LTE on their 1900 band.  After Nextel is decommissioned, Sprint will use the Nextel 800 MHz sprectrum for CMDA 1x-Advanced and LTE.

Journeyman

This posting is not the truth (or his reply) Do your homework ! Read this link .This supports what I was saying. I think you may have a small point (working on 1.8 Ghz) So why is it not on in Phila? 800Mhz freqs work better\cover better. This is why I say it'll be a few months before its on in Phila .

www.extremetech.com/electronics/129995-fcc-approves-3g-and-4g

I'd be surprised if you reply?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.