cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not receiving calls or text messages

Journeyman

Phone not receiving calls or text messages

I have an intermitent  problem of my phone not receiving phone calls or text messages until I make an outgoing phone call then all my text messages flood in. This is extremely frustrating as my job depends on me receiving phone calls, I am on my last straw before switching service providers and was wondering if anyone else has this issue. I have a GS3 but I have exchanged it already and it is still doing the same thing. so I think it is a network issue. I need this fixed and have been on the phone with sprint multiple times. the most recent time they said they were sending me something to plug in to my internet service at home that will boost my signal but i always have at least 3 bars at home. if this does not work i will have to switch providers and i would excpect that sprint would wave cancellation fees as they cannot provide me the service I pay for.

43 REPLIES

Re: Phone not receiving calls or text messages

STRINGFIELD08,

Hey there! Sorry to hear about the issues! This issue sounds very frustrating. I'd like to first take a look at your area to confirm if this is a known issue. Can you possibly provide me with your zipcode and cross streets? This will help me pin-point the cell-site which provides you with service.

Regards,

William

Journeyman

My zipcode is 76036 Cross streets are Hemphill and CR 1187

STRINGFIELD08,

Thanks for the speedy response! I reviewed the area and am not seeing anything that would point to a cell-site issue. Does this issue occur everywhere or does this primarily impact your home? If it's your home only, can you private message me your actual full physical address?

-William

Journeyman

I'm having a similar problem. For about the last week, my wife's phone has notified her of voicemails sometimes several hours after they were delivered, with no corresponding missed-call notification. I have noticed no such problem with my own phone, but I receive fewer phone calls and the problem has been intermittent for her. We're in the 84088 zip code, near the intersection of 9000 S and 1700 W. (If my wife calls to check her voicemail, sometimes that will trigger the arrival of notifications, much like STRINGFIELD08 reported.)

Journeyman

I'm also having the same problem here in Eufaula Oklahoma. I have people say they've called but i dont receive anything. One of my cell phone lines is in roaming and the other line, well they had to take their battery out to get service on theirs. Whats going on with it?

Journeyman

I'm also having the same problem here in Eufaula Oklahoma. I have people say they've called but i dont receive anything. One of my cell phone lines is in roaming and the other line, well they had to take their battery out to get service on theirs. Whats going on with it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem here in Oklahoma Zipcode 74432. It's been like this for 3 days.

Journeyman

I got the Airave in today (by recommendation of sprint tech support) it is basically a cell tower you plug in to your highspeed internet to enhance the connection within your house. I am highly skeptical that this is the solution but I will keep you guys posted if it works. I'm going to give it a week or so being the problem is intermittent. If this doesn't work sprint can say goodbye to a long time customer. Sooner if you have shotty coverage it might not be a bad idea to try. The reason I am skeptical is because i have good coverage. I have a feeling this issue goes deeper than the local tower coverage though because all the forums I have read online are not specific to any area. They are all over the country most common among high end smart phone users.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.