cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on ASL program.

SOLVED
Journeyman

Question on ASL program.

New customer here for about a month now.  What is the spending limit program and what can I use it for?  They starting me out at $300. Just looking for some fine details about this please.

5 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Question on ASL program.

AnthonyJ401

Thanks for posting.

The ASL program is a dollar amount that is allotted for extra charges to the account. This means you can charge up to $300 (in your case) to the Sprint account. This can be anything from ringbones, apps, and other premium service subscriptions aside from the base price plan.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Chris

Wizard

What it really means is that Sprint found a way to fleece customers an extra $5 monthly. They say it's to alleviate a deposit on the account. But deposits are generally refundable (while you'll never see that $60 yearly again. I also find it odd that it can be removed with auto pay from your account....it negate/cloudss the actual meaning for the charge.

I've heard numerous explanations for the fee, and yet was never told what base credit score qualified for the plan, etc....

Wizard

Chris_ra,

I should have mentioned that by setting up auto bill pay through Sprint.com will eliminate the addition $5 charge that comes with the ASL program.

Journeyman

Ok thanks that helps.. So I'm guessing I have to wait a certain amount of time before I can charge anything to my spending limit account No apps or games right now give me the option to charge to account. Just a credit card.  So do I really have to wait 18 months to be able to do that? That's what I've heard.

Highlighted
Wizard

AnthonyJ401

Yes, after 18 months of positive pay history (no hotline, no suspension, no past due), your account can graduate from having an account spending limit. Enrollment in Auto Pay ensures a positive payment history, which is why the $4.99 ASL fee is automatically waived when you sign up for Auto Pay with http://sprint.com/mypreferences.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.