cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT 4G TOWER IN DETROIT

Journeyman

15th floor in the Ren Cen zone. 

It's a good thing I can get the test mode 4G up here.  4G is running around 1-1.5 Mpbs.  3G is around 100kps.  Just terrible 3G service from my seat.

Journeyman

Well, I stumbled on here while looking at stuff on my phone, and thinking how slow it is. So, I decided to look up when Detroit would officially get 4g because I hadn't heard anything in a while.

I saw this post, and decided to check to see if I had 4g since I'm right in Detroit. Turned on the 4g and it actually worked!! Never knew my phone was capable of such speeds! I'm even in the BASEMENT of an apartment building and I have 4g.

Journeyman

I've yet to see 4G on my EVO.  Most of my days reside in Shelby Twp, Sterling Hgts, and Royal Oak.

I still remember the sign on the Sprint store walking in to get this hone, "4G is Here".   Yea right.

Quite disappointed actually. Surprised there hasn't been any mention of a class action.

Journeyman

Re: SPRINT 4G TOWER IN DETROIT

I'm baffled just like you! I have a Nexus S and when I was in Chicago in September I was shocked how wonderful it was to experiance 4G. My phone was quicker then my home pc!

Sprint has advertised for over a year that 4G was to be coming soon! What is soon? This decade?

I'm not knocking their phones, stores, or customer service! Just their lack of commitment to getting 4G here!

I see ounce in a while a couple people will say when their near Royal Oak or Wayne State they get 4G service, but they are mistaken cause I'm anywere from Monroe to Springfield Twp. (South to North), and from Ann Arbor to Port Huron (West to East) and there are no 4G signals out there!

BAD Sprint!

Jeff

Highlighted
Journeyman

I only got 4G once on my EVO 4G and i just so happened to be in Cedar Point. It was so fast. Damn Sprint.....

Journeyman

I'm still getting 4G from my RenCen office (90% of the time). 

I checked speeds this morning (from my Galaxy S2).

3G:  267k

4G:  811k

Pretty awful.

Journeyman

Wont be seeing much 4g here in michigan for a long time, at least with our current devices, we have to wait for sprint to roll out LTE now and then their LTE phones..  Our wimax 4g phones are pretty much useless here in michigan unless we are in grand rapids, or a few places downtown..  

Such a shame sprint cant get their 4g right.. 

Journeyman

Are you still able to obtain 4G in the RenCen? I'm on the 7th floor and just found this thread.

Journeyman

Yes.  Barely.  My desk is about 50 feet away from a window facing Jeffereson.  My phone has to be angled towards that direction to get it.

Journeyman

Someone should start a class action law suite against sprint for selling all of us a phone and charging for service which we cannot use only to change the game plan forcing us to have to buy a new device to obtain the service. Sure seems like a scam. Dangle the 4g  in front of everyone charge the monthly fees then say we have to get new phones to get the service which will mean another few hundred or more.

sprint scam what do you think?