cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT DOES NOT HAVE GOOD SERVICE

Journeyman

Re: SPRINT DOES NOT HAVE GOOD SERVICE

We should all come together and file a petition to get out of our two year contract.

Here's my Issue with Sprint:

1. Poor Customer Serive, Poor Customer Service, did I say Poor Customer Service???

My husand was getting ready to deploy and our contract was up for renewenal and we decided that we are both going to get the iphone 5 so that he will be able to stay intouch wherever he deploys globally.  We live in Killeen TX, 76542. We went to the store to renew our contract because we wanted to get the cashback from our Epic 4G which we previously had. The customer service rep at the Sprint coporate store in Killeen did not have the decency to tell us that Sprint does not have a 4G LTE Tower in Killeen to accomodate the Iphone 5. We got the phones and quickly found this out the hard way.. We cannot get any internet on our phone unless we are at home using our wifi. Slow, Slow on the 3G. We were on the road recently and wanted to order something quickly from our Iphone 5, 35 minutes later and the page is still loading.

2. We have attempted to contact sprint with no sucess.. they gave us a mere $25 credit for the data and that was it..

Basically at this point, if someone who has powers at sprint is reading this and can get us out of our contract, we would appreciate it. We have been with sprint over two years and our bill is on auto pay and it goes through every month without no issue so we are good standing customers and what do we get in return no help when we need it!

All sprint custmers that is having these data issues, I say we all get together and sign a petition to get out of our contract considering Sprint is unable to deliver on the service that we are paying for.

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE EXTREMELY UNHAPPY SPRINT CUSTOMERS

Journeyman

I wish I had found this post before I left ATT, with whom I had been so long I no longer had a contract.  now i have a very cheap service with Sprint that is actually worthless because I cannot connect via their network and when I do get 1 little bar it's at 3G (and still that is too weak to connect as well.)  Now i'm stuck having to shop for a new provider that will lock me into another 2 year contract for the same service I was receiving at ATT contract free.  This is just terrible.  I warn everyone thinking of switching to Sprint to stay away.  Also, their tech people aren't very saavy.  Called yesterday for an unrelated issue and the tech support MANAGER gave me completely wrong instructions on how to fix issue.  Finally was able to resolve it on my own with a little online sleuthing.  STAY AWAY FROM SPRINT.  It is terrtible.!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with everyone on this Discussion. I live in the Chicagoland area and when I first signed up on november 11 2012 i got good 4g speeds in bedford park il where i work and crappy 3g speeds in Portage in where i live but i can go on wifi at home . at home i get constant dropped calls so sprint sent me one of there aitraves at no charge, well that didnt work out thats getting shipped back due to you cant 3 way call with airrave and when my note 2 is hooked up to wifi with airave cant download or update or view you tube videos I have to unplug the airrave to do those things so the airrve gets shipped back and its back to dropped calls agian. the past 2 weeks in chicago my phone goes from 3g to 4g even in 4g its crappy. Should of stayed with att ALL MY COWORKERS WARNED ME   DO NOT GO TO SPRINT I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THEM Im with everyone else we should be able to brake our contract free of charge for such crappy service

Journeyman

Sprint sucks! I'll never recommend them to anybody! I've been a customer for less then 2 months and i hate it already. There are so many hidden charges not to mention customer service is awful. they tell you only part of the truth and some have even lied to me. This is a not an honest provider. My calls are constantly dropping and i have friends complaining that their calling me but it doesn't go through. I hate Sprint! WE SHOULDN'T BE CHARGED TO CANCEL OUR CONTRACT!

Journeyman

Hi! I'm new to Sprint, and I have to say I agree with everything you've said.  My service is atrocious, I've had calls dropping like flies since I came over to Sprint.  We have almost no service here at our home, and I can't connect to anything when I'm not.  I was standing in line at a store, line was 10 minutes long and the entire time my phone was trying to connect to a game I play at home easily by connecting to wifi.  I'm trapped for another two years (just got the phone in Nov 2012) and have resigned myself to not even using it.  I leave it in my car most of the time, and have found it's pretty good as an alarm...but that's about all.  Locked into a contract on a new iPhone that's the equivelant of a large flat shiny brick. 

Journeyman

Very poor service!! At the time of purchase 12/13/12,  I was mislead that since it was an IPhone 5 there would be 4G service.. Then I was informed 2 weeks after Iphone supposed 4G service was not, O kept dropping calls.. and when I contacted the Sprint " we only have LTe 3G"".. we are making every effort in completing our towers""..

Now, would you think Sprint would offer sometype of reimbursement or credit..In your dreams!!

I purchased this Iphone because I need reliable and dependable service.  IPhone 5.. your just a game soother.

Sprint... get your act together... The SPrint service is a disgrace!!

Journeyman

I agree, I pay more than 200 a month and have lousy connections most times calls are dropped or i cant get a network or the other people cant hear me.. I have to say customer service is always nice and polite but that doesnt change the fact.  Also my hotspot NEVER gets internet connection no matter where I am ...why??? uggh .. locked into contract for now but outta here once its done.. sorry

Wizard

They make something called a "manufacturer warranty" which accompanies the device for it's FIRST YEAR OF SERVICE. Instead of blaming Sprint for a device they didn't create, did you try actually reading some of the material you were given with your Sprint phone and pursuing the warranty service through the manufacturer of the phone? Oh wait..it's much easier to blame the service provider than to accept blame for something you have some responsibility in on your own. To top that, you have FOURTEEN DAYS from the time you sign a contract to determine if it's the right fit for you, and if the phone has done this since day 1, you should've been at a Sprint store 13 days before your time was up to exchange, cancel, or find a replacement. Sorry, I call BS...14 days has been around too long and they tell you about it when you sign up... Anyone who gets "stuck" in a contract with something they are unhappy with, does so by their own free will with the concept that they will gripe enough that they'll eventually get something for nothing, or get better responses than us customers who follow the rules and read what we sign and pay our dues... And the $100 you're complaining about is a DEDUCTIBLE. I don't know of any insurance plan that doesn't have a deductible...and you want no deductible on a $500-$600 device? Absurdity.

Call Geico and tell them you want collision and comprehensive coverage...and if a rock breaks your windshield, complain to them for having to pay your comp deductible...see where you get with that. You'll be driving around with a rock-damaged windshield until you decide that you need to pay the deductible amount you agreed to when you took out the coverage. You won't gripe enough to have them waiver a $1000 collision deductible when you total out a $25,000 vehicle either. So good luck trying to pull one over on the system...the same system that thousands of us agree to and abide by daily.

Wizard

LATINSOLUTION wrote:

Very poor service!! At the time of purchase 12/13/12,  I was mislead that since it was an IPhone 5 there would be 4G service.. Then I was informed 2 weeks after Iphone supposed 4G service was not, O kept dropping calls.. and when I contacted the Sprint " we only have LTe 3G"".. we are making every effort in completing our towers""..

Now, would you think Sprint would offer sometype of reimbursement or credit..In your dreams!!

I purchased this Iphone because I need reliable and dependable service.  IPhone 5.. your just a game soother.

Sprint... get your act together... The SPrint service is a disgrace!!

Never heard of LTE 3G...LTE stands for Long-Term Evolution, which is the type of 4G network Sprint is building out.  I also find it somewhat strange that nobody knew Sprint was performing Network Vision prior to being past their 14-day period, and suddenly on day 15 of the 2-year contract, "GASP OMG ITS NO SERVICE"....

Nobody has to be "informed" about 4G LTE...if you turn on the phone, and you don't see 4G on the screen, and instead it says 3G...guess what? That's not 4G being mysteriously masked by 3G icons...that actually means that you're on 3G. Why should they offer "sometype" of credit for someone not paying attention? If you want to see what's going on with the Sprint upgrades to 4G, do a Google search on Sprint 4G upgrades, and you'll find a site named S4GRU.com which has PLENTY of information on the updates and progress of the roll-out. And then saying for them to get their act together (Sprint)....let's look at the past, up until now, where we are today with Sprint.

Sprint built it's own network from the ground ----up. Sprint bought Nextel, which was bombing when Sprint did this...but they took on the aging iDEN network anyway...and kept it up (until June 30, 2013). Sprint was doing fine until (because of customer base), they were forced to sign a subsidy contract with Apple to sell the iPhones. The iPhones are what started trampling all the networks, not just Sprint's. VZW, AT&T, T-mo...and Sprint..they all got horded with iphone users and data-hungry devices. Then came Android...MORE data-hungry devices in an aging network....so to go along with a Nextel division that was circling the drain in death....they had an aging 3G network that was being BOMBARDED with iPhone users. And it wasn't the iPhone usage..it was that ONCE a year, for 2 or 3 weeks starting in September...every single iPhone user that upgraded to the newest iPhone was constantly on the network for that period of time...and causing problems for others on the network.

Now, stepping forward after the smartphone saga has aged a bit, and Sprint is yet again, building ANOTHER network, from the GROUND-----UP. Instead of buying spectrum holdings in different companies, they are using their current spectrum holdings and REDEPLOYING LTE in the same network as it's being used. And since July of last year, they've upgraded 15,000 of the 38,000 towers in their network...(that's the ENTIRE NETWORK). They aren't picking and choosing which cities to upgrade...Sprint has contractors that perform the upgrades...the contractors are the ones responsible for doing the actual tower work.  Not only that, the iDEN network is being shut-off on June 30, 2013...and that old iDEN network is being redeployed as 800SMR and LTE in the 800 frequency.

How did I learn all of this? I did exactly what I told you to do. I googled Sprint 4G upgrades and joined S4GRU.com, and I read and learned on my own what was going on. I never once came here and complained or played that "I want something for nothing" card that some people want to play.  We all sign the same contract and agree to the same thing.

Journeyman

Apparently you have never looked into getting insurance from BestBuy then?? Best Buy's protection plan is ZERO deductable. I have used it over a half dozen times now. I agree with you that people are dumb and don't read before they make decisions however.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.