cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 phone time keeps changing on its on???

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S2 phone time keeps changing on its on???

Are any of you having a problem with your phone changing the time for no apparent reason? It will change time time by 3 to 4 hours ahead.

Mine keeps doing this for the past 2 weeks. This morning it did it twice.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 phone time keeps changing on its on???

look at your location as well. when the time changes does it show you in a different area? normally this would be network related since its pulling this info from the towers. for the time being until it is fixed (if the tower is the issue) go into your settings and uncheck your automatic time...recheck it so it resets itself...make sure its correct..then go back in and uncheck it again so it stays that way..from time to time make sure the time is still correct.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I thought of that the first couple of time to check what area it was in and it is always in my area... Normally I would not worry about this, but since my phone is my alarm clock... well you know the story.

I will go into my setting and see what happens.

Thanks

GrandMaster

no worries..there was a HUGE issue a couple years back in my area..oddly enough my phone would pull up and say i was in africa..safe to say it didnt wake me up for work on time lol..

FYI...africas weather per my phone at that time s ucked BIG time lol..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

That is too funny

GrandMaster

my boss didnt think so...well up until i showed her the screen shot of my current location and the time..it was either network related or my house somehow ended up in a twilight zone black hole and teleported us to africa...for what its worth i never did get to see a zebra

Good morning,

Great conversation going on. I just wanted to check in with your to see if the suggestions from Fireguy helped any? Are you still having concerns with the time zone on your device? If this is still a concern, please post your cross streets and zip code. I will take a closer look at your area and we'll go from there.

Take care,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Hi Heather,

No it did not work. I took it in to Sprint and they did a software update. That fixed the problem.

Highlighted

Hey there,

Glad to hear that you were able to get that resolved. Feel free to reach out to us again if you ever need anything.

Take care,

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.