cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Signal Strength

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S4 Signal Strength

Hello all,

I have had my SG4 for one week and I do love the phone. However the signal is a problem. I had the EVO 4G phone for two years and in my home I always had full bars. With the SG4 I barely have one bar. At work where I use to get a full signal I barely have one bar. I hope Sprint can correct this issue! No other problems to report with the phone.

11 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Signal Strength

RINGRASS1

That sounds like a pretty drastic change. Thank you for posting it.

Do you recall if the signal difference was immediate after the phone was swapped over to the GS4? Aside from the signal stregnth, do you experience any trouble with service such as calls or data?

I would like to start out by checking the towers in your area to rule out any issue caused by an outage or upgrade. Would you please provide me with a zip code and major cross street of where you had good service but not any longer?

Thank you,

Chris

GrandMaster

that was one of the list of things i found bad with the S4...which i swapped out for the HTC One..now i have just about the same signal as i did with the original evo

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I, too, have found that the Samsung Galaxy S4 phone I purchased right when they were first available does not pull in the same signal strength at my home (48169) as did my Samsung Epic.  With the former, I got three bars consistently.  Now, with the S4, I have often no bars, tho I am still getting a connection.  It appears that the number of bars I am showing is generally lower than on the Epic.

Journeyman

I really have to express my diappointment with these last two samsung devices.  I have the s3 and have had signal stength issues at home with an airrave in the house.  They have replaced the airrave and the phone 3 times still roams while at home constantly.  was thinking of switching to the s4 but that is out of the question now.

Journeyman

I am considering the htc one as well. My s4 has issues with signal and lost dropped calls something that never happened with my old evo 4g.

Journeyman

I have spent numerous hours on the phone with tech support over this issue.  They have replaced the airrave replaced my phone twice done several updates sent me to the corp store twice (which is 32 miles one way) did speed tests on my airrave and now after an hour on the phone with tem last night they tell me the airrave isn't fast enough that it is my cable companies fault.  They also keep telling me the next thing they do is a last ditch effort.  They have told me this three times.

Journeyman

So far my experience with the S4 has been fine. My neighbor has the HTC One, and I get a better signal and more consistent LTE. Not sure why you are having problems.

Journeyman

I'm not sure either but Sprint can't figure it out either.

GrandMaster

its a great phone for me so far..not a single issue so far (knock on wood)

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.