cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

San Antonio,Tx 4g LTE network

Journeyman

San Antonio,Tx 4g LTE network

How is the network in SA,Tx area, does anyone have connection issues, according to
Sprint map the area has been upgraded to 4g LTE, is this correct?

9 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: San Antonio,Tx 4g LTE network

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding LTE in San Antonio.  Are you having any service difficulties?  The majority of towers in San Antonio are LTE enabled.  Is there a specific area you'd like for me to check, if so provide cross streets and a zip code.  Let me know.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Called Sprint yesterday for our area 78261...  We've been experiencing horrible service for the past 6 months, and now we have nothing... No data, no phone and we show as roaming if we are lucky to have any bars.  They said the towers were supposed to be functional by today but we still have zero service.

We used to have great service, and I sure hope it comes back...

Wizard

OFFROAD12345,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding service in 78261.  I've taken a look at the area and there's currently a tower out of service located near Evans Rd & Bulverde Rd.  It's been down since the first week of August.  Network teams are engaged on this matter and are working with our vendors to bring back service to the tower.  There's not repair time set, hopefully they can get the tower back online soon.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

203 W NUEVA SAN ANTONIO TX 78207

cross streets of Flores and Santa Rosa

unable to make or receive calls and unable to send or receive text

Wizard

heatherjeneene,

Thanks for posting your location. I've taken a look at the area and there's currently a couple towers alerted for high Voice blocks.  Network is already engaged and working toward a fix.  Hang in there.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Service in Oakwell Farms (78218) and at the 1777 NE Loop 410 office building (78217) is spotty for phone (many dropped calls) and non-existent for 4-G in both locations. Is this related to interference from passing aircraft landing and taking off or a cell tower deficiency issue?

Journeyman

Service in Oakwell Farms (intersection of Campden Court and Campden Circle) (78218) and at the 1777 NE Loop 410 office building (78217) is spotty for phone (many dropped calls) and non-existent for 4-G in both locations. Is this related to interference from passing aircraft landing and taking off or a cell tower deficiency issue?

Wizard

TexAtty,

Thanks reaching out to us regarding your service concerns.  I am showing the servicing towers to those locations already LTE enabled.  Have you been able to connect to LTE there before?  Aircrafts can interfere with signal connections and I do see San Antonio Airport nearby but I still think you're far away enough from the airport that services should work.  The servicing towers are scheduled for 3G Network Vision upgrades within the next 90 days, this may also help.  I'm forwarding locations off to network so they can also be aware.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I'm in the SA area, I dumped Sprint because of extremely poor service. I had NO 4g for over 10 months! I went to Las Vegas and the service was poor over there too. My friends are with a  different service provider and had no connection/data/phone problems. Sprint keeps acting like they are ignorant of all the problems, Sprint Service Reps keep asking for cross streets, address etc... News flash, they know what the problems are, they work hard/mean well, but there's nothing these service reps can do for you.

The Sprint Service Reps will just string you along until Sprint's coverage issues are solved, lord knows when. I was with Sprint for over 13 years! I paid for 4g service and got the runaround for 10 months! To hell with Sprint. To all the "customers" with service issues, just read all the problems Sprint has, (look at the dates of the posts) it's never ending. Go to another service providers web site and the complaints of coverage issues are nearly non-exixtant.

I pay a little more with another service provider, but so what, at least I'm getting what I paid for which is reliable service when I need it.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.