cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card work with multiple phones

SOLVED
Journeyman

Sim card work with multiple phones

I currently own an iPhone 4s and am looking to buy either a HTC EVO 4G LTE or the Samsung Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch. I was wanting to know if my current sim card in the iPhone 4s will work with either of those two phones? Will it allow the other phones to use their 4G capabilities? And will I be able to just switch the sim card over from the iPhone 4s to one of the other phones and back, so I will be able to switch phones freely when I am tired of using one or the other? Thanks for any help on this topic.

3 REPLIES
Master

Re: Sim card work with multiple phones

Neither  the HTC EVO 4G LTE or the Samsung Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch are International capable(GSM) CDMA devices.

Just like most cellular phones, the iPhone uses a SIM card to determine the phone number, carrier, and features are available for the account. However, the iPhone does not store contacts and phone numbers on the SIM card.While iPhone does not use the SIM to store contact names and phone numbers, you can still copy your contacts from a SIM card to your iPhone. You can use your old phone's SIM card (if your old phone is not an iPhone) to transfer the primary phone number for each of your contacts from the SIM card. Ensure that the old SIM card you're going to place into the new iPhone is the same type of SIM card. Failure to do so may result in the SIM card becoming stuck in the new iPhone. Additional numbers may not import, or may import as more than one contact. Follow these steps to import the information off the SIM card:

Please refer to the Apple Doc http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4994?viewlocale=en_US

I would sugges you to call our  Sprint World Wide (SWW) Dept. Dial 888-226-7212, option 3. for more info on sim cards transfers.

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

I do not care if my contacts do not switch and I will not be going international. I just want to know if I can put the sim card of my iPhone 4s into either the HTC EVO 4G LTE or the Samsung Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch and have the capabilties of either phone, mainly just their 4G capabilities.

Highlighted
Master

HTC EVO 4G LTE or the Samsung Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch doesn’t have any Sim card slots. Both phones are 4G capable phones.

Abe