cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint 4G LTE Utah

Journeyman

Sprint 4G LTE Utah

I got my iPhone 5 back in the first of December, and I have some questions regarding 4G LTE in Utah. I called my local Sprint store today and they said in about a year it will be coming here. Is the market just not big enough here? It makes me mad that it will take a year. I really am considering switching to Verizon. I've been on sprint for 4 years and I really don't want to switch but it might happen. I was looking up online when its going to be here and they haven't even said anything about getting it here so that also worries me too. Also I can't even use just the standard 4G. Sprint really needs to step there LTE game up soon or they might lose some customers.

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES

Re: Sprint 4G LTE Utah

GrandMaster

to date no carrier has released a phone that can use both 4G technologies. your iphone is only capable of using the new 4G LTE.

the majority of the nation is supposed to be finished or well under way by the end of this year..complete completion is supposed to be by mid 2014 which is mainly just wrapping up the outskirt areas and low rated areas without a lot of traffic.

@halcyoncmdr123....best wright up and explanation to date my friend. might even add in a "what to expect while the upgrades are under way" section.. the original "seamless transfer" kind of went out the window a long time ago lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Tell me when its coming to a city that has 200,000+ people

GrandMaster

anytime between now and the middle of 2014.

thats about as finite of a date answer you will get. sprint isnt releasing any dates or promises of  a date until its already in process in that area..to many variables can delay it and make them look like liars.

go to www.s4gru.com ... they post quite a bit on this topic and might have some dates posted over there for your area...REMINDER...s4gru is in no way or form connected with sprint..so any dates posted over there might or might not be accurate..

with that being said they have been pretty accurate

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Sprint bet the farm on Clearwire and WiMax, which I'm sure you've noticed, you'll be lucky to get 3 mb/s. LTE is pushing 25 mb/s in areas where Sprint has rolled out their LTE....but even ATT, which started with HPSA+ (same thing T-Mobile calls 4G but it's really like 3.5G lol), is making leaps and bounds beyond Sprint.

Wimax sucks. Bad choice..........Clearwire was also working on LTE and Sprint bought them out for their resources, towers, etc. to speed this process up. I am due for an upgrade and am waiting for the SG4 and will likely go to Verizon myself.......my daughter has an Iphone 5 from Sprint as well but mostly uses wifi.

My biggest problem with Sprint and WiMax, and they could utilize both anteannae, is that even when you connect to 4G on the 'unlimited' plans, they auto-snooze the network in seconds...........so if you're using navigation, good luck..........even with Google Maps vs Crapple Apps..........

Sprint's customer service has also dropped through the floor...........I'm done. And I've given Sprint a bag full of money.......investment that is now not going to pay off........didn't want to go to Verizon...........but now I'm not going to sign up for 2 years on a $600+ phone to only be able to utilize 70% of it's resources.........3G flat out sucks............I could wait the 6-9 mos for the LTE, but their continued bad service and broken promises make it a full family migration..........as each device comes up for upgrade, I'll be upgrading companies as well............

Journeyman

Work permits have been submitted for salt lake city so work should begin pretty soon I would estimate seeing lte by mid summer.

Wizard

GS2Voodoo,

Thanks for posting. WiMax, like LTE, is an improved Network architecture for data. LTE offers, due to its low latency, the ability to offer voice services as well, leading to a completely integrated Network. We can't promise you when LTE will be rolled out due to the variables associated with the project, some of which require permission from federal, state, and local agencies to begin work. We are replacing every part of the architecture to deliver a 21st century Network experience to our customers. We respect your choice as a consumer and we are working very hard to make your choice Unlimited.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

How can I find out about permits in Boise for LTE? I'm anxious for the speed increases here.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sounds like more filler from Sprint. Funny how we are stuck buying 2 year old tech if we want to utilize the 4G we are rightly paying for. And how exixting customers get shafted by terrible discounts to sign another 2 year contract. Sprint will be very lucky to keep me as a customer. There is no savings staying with them.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.