cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint 4G LTE in Honolulu?

Journeyman

Sprint 4G LTE in Honolulu?

Does anyone know when Honolulu will be equipped with the Sprint 4G LTE Network?  I know that many new smartphones available on Sprint are LTE compatible.  The local market of Sprint LTE users will continue to grow.  We also shouldn't forget that many Sprint customers come to Hawaii and would also like to use an LTE network on their Sprint smartphones.

7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint 4G LTE in Honolulu?

Hello,

I'm waiting for the LTE as well. The most updated information of when it will be available in your area, check www.sprint.com/lte.

Thankyou,

Paida

Journeyman

I checked there today, and Honolulu isn't listed as a city in the LTE section.  There have been recent updates to the network, but it didn't mention anything about the LTE network upgrades.

Journeyman

I was in the Kaneohe Sprint store the other day and was told that LTE is going to be rolled out in Honolulu beginning of next year.

I'm taking that with a grain of salt coming from a salesman (although he's been very helpful and forthright in the past with me). He's still a salesman looking for that commission and knows that if I don't see LTE coming soon, I'm not going to upgrade to an LTE phone.

Journeyman

I'm really banking on sprint getting lte in Honolulu soon. With AT&T and Verizon both now with lte on Oahu, it would probably be a good decision for sprint to do likewise ASAP.

Journeyman

Phone rep told me "should" be by the end of this year, we'll see

Journeyman

"Should" and "will" are 2 different things, especially when it comes to a sales rep itching to make their sale.  I'll be shocked and amazed if I see my "4G" icon light up on my phone by January.  If not, I'm moving to T-mobile for a while until Sprint gets their act together here in Hawaii.  Service and data speed has gone down a LOT in recent months.

Journeyman

Sprint folks will tell you they don't know or defer you to a website that leads you down a blackhole of useless information.

1st quarter of 2015 you should have LTE - if you don't by then, feel free to jump ship.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.