cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Customer Service

Journeyman

Sprint Customer Service

Is it Sprint policy to tell people who call in with cell problems that:

1) We don't show any problems in your area.

2)It must be your phone and there is nothing we can do.

3) You must need a signal booster.

I would seriously like Sprint to address these questions publicly.  I have called in a number of times because I was not able to make phone calls, was unable to send texts or some other combination of problems.  Each time I called in I was told these things.  EVERY time it was actually a problem with Sprint service NOT my phone.   Every person I speak with denies it is a Sprint problem and made no real effort to resolve the issue except to tell me it must be my phone.  I had no cell service for 4 days.  During this time period my washer literally went up in smoke and I had no way to call for help. I was home alone with my three young children. Prior to this incident I had spent 2 days fighting with Sprint about whether it was my phone or their service.  Guess what.  When I went into the store the clerk lived in the same area and said "oh yes.  I have been having the exact same issues and it is absolutely a Sprint problem not an issue with your phone."  When is sprint going to start listening to your customers?  When is Sprint going to start answering questions honestly? When a customer calls and says we have three different phones in the same house that are ALL not working and have the exact same problem odds are it a Sprint service problem not a phone problem.  Again I ask that you, Sprint, reevaluate your customer service because I have NEVER had an issue resolved over the phone or on-line.  When someone calls and says they have a service problem OPEN A TICKET and investigate rather then telling them they are wrong.  You never know they might actually be right.

ETA: I have also hear the "our towers are being upgraded excuse" and had every person I spoke with on the phone tell me something different.  There is NO consistency at all form one person to the next in customer service.  I also feel like every time I call I am told I need a signal booster.   Really?

ETA: I can understand occasional service interruptions but the total and complete inability of Sprint customer service to answer what is wrong and when it will be fixed with any accuracy at all is unacceptable.

12 REPLIES

Re: Sprint Customer Service

Fivesweets
Im really sorry you feel that way. Im also sorry you had to go through what you did. We do listen to our customers. We appreciate your business. In certain areas we are going through tower enhancement  which we also call network vision. I know you feel as though we will not answer you honestly but, we will. I hope you will still allow us to attempt to help you. We will do our best to answer any questions you may have. If you give me your zip code, and cross streets to were the issue happens I will look into it for you and let you know whats going on.

Thanks,

*Erica

Sprint Social Care

GrandMaster

fivesweets wrote:

Is it Sprint policy to tell people who call in with cell problems that:

1) We don't show any problems in your area.

2)It must be your phone and there is nothing we can do.

3) You must need a signal booster.

1-keep in mind that their computers dont show them a fully live feed..so there can always be an issue but it hasnt come across the lines as of yet on their end..

2-usually come right after 1 lol..

3-normally i never heard much about them recommending an airave but as of recently with all the upgrades going on all over the place its starting to be more and more..understandable though

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

i was told there was a chat option not a forum an actual real time messaging service with sprint customer service online.I cant call from my phone in my home becuase theres little to no signal in my home. i live in port wentworth and when i check the map on coverage its in the green but that contradict my lack of service.

Highlighted

Casperyum1

We do have chat services for real time responses. You can go on Facebook or  twitter ,and we are there. https://www.facebook.com/sprint  and,  https://twitter.com/sprint  You can also go to Sprint.com and in the top right-hand corner click chat and get an immediate response.

Thanks

*Erica

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I call BS on this.  i have been unable to make or receive phone calls and text messages 4 days just this month. Each time I have tried to go to live chat and there is nothing to click on.  Since I can't make outgoing calls I can't call in.  Tonight I am having the same problem and my mother is in the emergency room and I cannot even call to check on her.  My husband missed four days of work because he could not make or receive calls. Chat is also not available tonight even though it is during the business hours posted on your website.

Journeyman

Again, my phone will not make outgoing calls and text messages.  I am also not receiving text messages or phone calls.  My mother is in the Emergency room out of our area and I cannot call her to check on her.   This is the FOURTH day this month alone I have had this problem. If you want me to stay with Sprint SHOW ME you can resolve these problems.  My zip code is 95826.  The nearest major cross streets are La Riviera and Watt Ave.

Journeyman

what is going on with the phone? nextel? what is that? why were we not notified about our phone line services getting shut off on June 30 th? whoever has nextel, now has no service? how is that even possible?

Journeyman

Actually ALL of the Nextel phones have been redirected to Cust Service in the month of June so that the users will be aware that the network is going down. How can you say that nobody told you ? )

GrandMaster

The Nextel National Network (iDEN) shut down on June 30, 2013

The Nextel National Network (iDEN) will shut down on June 30, 2013

Don’t Delay. Nextel customers must move before it’s too late

not to mention sprint fired out papers to everyone that was still on the nextel side of things advising them of what was going on. tossing said mail without reading it isnt exactly sprints fault

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************