cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Family Plan is a RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Sprint Family Plan is a RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sprint Family is a RIP OFF!!!!!!!!! I am now paying $60 more a month. The $25 per line is a lie. It is actually $75 per line. They charge you $55 per line plus $20 for unlimited data. Do not change to this plan!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Sprint Family Plan is a RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

As with anything, there are details...and you just have to know them.

For some customers, Framily will save them money. For some it will not. That is why there are various plans still available.

[inappropriate word removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Highlighted
Master

rabisch40,

Thanks for the post, I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. Our framily plan allows consumers to save by adding their friends or family into their group id. The more lines are on the Framily group, the more the savings are. The rate can go as low as $25, it would require the framily group to consist of 7 members. We have a dedicated article providing a lot of information here > http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_more_about_the_Sprint_Framily_Plan/315d1dfb-7fe2-4e5a-b633-36db2003ecc8?INTNAV=SU:AL:MVT

Eduardo
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I agree. It looks to be a "bait & switch" plan to steer everyone toward a more expensive plan, especially for data plans. It really does not appear to save anything for a family of 4. Plus my kids would probably go over the 1GB in less than a week! Then here comes the overage charges! Other providers just throttle you back when you go over the limit...I like that.

Journeyman

I cancelled with sprint. im over it with them. brand new phones and service is terrible. my husband uses his phone for work and can't get service in big cities like Baltimore and other large areas. I dont care if they charge me thousands of dollars in late fees and ETF. They can take it and shove it. If I have to pay a huge bill at least make sure the service is decent. LOL end of rant!

Journeyman

Yes there are details, BUT, when SPRINT's own people cannot agree on what those are it is frustrating. We had 9 on our Framily plan and not one of us has received the same information when a question arose. Not one of the bills were the same even though the phone service and sign up was done at the very same time. the billing changed each month and customer service, including supervisors, could not resolve the issue as to why one member was charged for this and another was not. Oh, and those bills when up Up UP. I spent over 6 hours in three months on the phone with CS and supervisors to only here "that is the plan". I canceled and was told I had no contract, while others still on the plan are told they have a contract and it says No Annual Service Contract and No Early Termination Fees. One member purchasedan no explanation as to why this was so when asked. When asked where my attorney could contact the company I was told "We cannot give that information out to customers, your attorney will know how to contact us" WOW! I have never dealt with a more egregious form of "customer service " in the US. I just say STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Journeyman

I also noticed in the fine print no unlimited GPS Navigation...why? I am not going to switch to this plan. I will just keep my current one.

Master

crispy1523,

Thanks for posting. We no longer offer unlimited GPS navigation through the Sprint navigation app. If you download another GPS app, the navigation is unlimited because it only uses data. Hope this helps.

Marie
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

how many ppl are on your Framily plan? They explain that the $25 a month is for Framilies with 7-10 users. If you have anything less, you will be paying more. I dont understand whats not to get about it. The $20 fr unlimited data is OPTIONAL. Maybe you need to review what you signed up for and get more ppl on your Framily plan.

Journeyman

did some add unlimited data?