cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Roaming charges

Journeyman

Sprint Roaming charges

I often get a triangle on my notification bar about my data roaming being off because I left my home network and would have no internet access whatsoever. I tap on the triangle / message on the notification bar and it takes me to the roaming settings.

I would assume since I had unlimited data that I would be fine turning on my roaming. I check after about a week and instead of the roaming section having the unlimited, it says see terms. I did and it says that I will be charged for my usage. Unless I did not understand what they were saying. It also says that it might take time to show up on the bill cycle.

I do not want to pay more money just because I cannot use my 3G / 4G properly. Can someone please explain this to me? Thank you in advance!

( Samsung Galaxy S4 - Everything Data )

23 REPLIES
Master

Re: Sprint Roaming charges

Roaming is included at no charge, but it's not unlimited, when roaming it does eat up your anytime minutes and if you go over your allotment you may be charged overages. Excessive roaming can get your line terminated per the terms.

Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 100 or 300 megabytes or (based on plan terms) a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. Sprint As You Go™- Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 400 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100 MB or a majority of KB. You can monitor usage online through My Account. Roaming is not available with single-band phones, or to customers who reside or whose primary use is outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may limit or terminate service if you move outside of the Sprint owned-network.

I can help clear some things up involving the data roaming terms in your plan. Levi4u provided some great information. If you are on a data plan it does include unlimited data usage, however when roaming it can be different. On a post paid, contracted account it can go two ways. We offer a 300MB limit for data roaming, or if a majority of usage is roaming we will notify you. If customers are excessively roaming we will send the customer a notification if any action is needed.

Also, has this been an ongoing issue? If you would like I can take a look into your area for any network issues. What is the zip code and close cross streets of the location this is happening?

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I have the same issue and have the 4s. Zip is 33417 and surrounding areas at 33463

Journeyman

Ok why can I be in my house and it says roaming, then the next min it is not roaming. I have not left the area so why am I roaming, and if i'm in my house most of the time I think I'll use all the DATA so how is that handled

Journeyman

This has been going on ever since I switched to a different account and got the Galaxy S4. My sister has been having the same problem but she has an iPhone 4.

I can say that the fastest internet access is in my room. Once I step outside, everything seems to slow down and often times won't connect me to the internet.

My zip code is 51503 and surrounding zips are 51501 and 68102

Hey everyone, feel free to create to create your own thread with your own question. It will notify more reps, and we will be able to answer your question sooner.

Rosiecat7 Do you have any cross streets where the problem seems to happen the most? There are several towers within 2 zip codes, and if is difficult to pin point a location for an issue. I do see within the zip 33417 they are upgrading the towers, but we already show a lot of 4G LTE coverage. As I said, try to find me some cross streets of where the issue is happening the most. Then I can check into the issue further.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Defadden, thank you for the post. If you are in one place and it shows signal one moment, and no signal the next, you may be right on the edge of coverage from a tower. As well, could you please provide me with some cross streets as well as a zip for the issue? I would like to see what is going on.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted

Hey everyone, feel free to create to create your own thread with your own question. It will notify more reps, and we will be able to answer your question sooner.

Resilyn, go ahead an give me some cross streets as well where you are seeing the issue. Multiple zip codes covers a very large area. I would like to find a more accurate location to try and focus the issue.

Also, when you are at home and you are getting good data speeds. That is interesting that the data slows down once you go outside. Does your phone automatically connect to wifi when you are at home?

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

80022 cross streets are HWY 2 and 104thAVE, I know there is a tower about 2 miles from my house. when I'm on 104th I get 4G I have an S4 phone.  Thanks

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.