cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Spark

Journeyman

Sprint Spark

IS galaxy note 3 capable of new spark lte? I enter ##3282# on dial pad scroll down to lte it says band 25 26 and 41. From what i see it has spark lte radio Maybe current software doesn't yet support it? I spoke to a rep a while back and she states note 3 is spark capable. Can you verify this? Also I live in Brooklyn ny 11205. Is area spark ready?

9 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Spark

Find your phone in this database:  (I linked directly to a Spark compatible S4T / SPH-L720T for an example) it has Band 26 (B26) - if your device has that, then it is spark compatible.  If it doesn't, it just means you're only accessing 2/3 of the network capability and losing the low-band building penetration.

Samsung SPH-L720T Galaxy S4 TD-LTE (Samsung Altius) Detailed Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

If you run a search in the "PDA master" section and filter for B26 in Secondary, you will see the 19 devices that currently have the sprint LTE800 band - which is the last segment to deploy of the spark schema.

If you filter for Android, it drops to six.

LG LS995 G Flex TD-LTE

Release Date: December, 2013

Samsung SPH-L720T Galaxy S4 TD-LTE (Samsung Altius)

Release Date: December, 2013

Sprint HTC One Max TD-LTE (HTC T6)

Release Date: November, 2013

Samsung SPH-L520 Galaxy S4 Mini TD-LTE (Samsung Serrano)

LG D820 Nexus 5 NA TD-LTE 16GB

Samsung SPH-L600 Galaxy Mega 6.3 TD-LTE

Release Date: October, 2013

Journeyman

Ok so basically if I see bands I mentioned. It means it has lte spark just not activated yet as per software? Why wasnt note 3 advertised at release date since it has spark capabilities? Thanks

Highlighted
Master

PLOWBOY.COW,

Spark is pretty amazing isn't it? Unfortunately the Note 3 is not currently configured to work as a Spark device. While I am unable to promise anything at this point, it is possible that it will be in the future.

I took a look around the area code provided and it looks like you are mainly waiting on the 800 MHZ side of the upgrades.

Sincerely,
*Ben
Social Care

Master

SturgeonGeneral,

Thanks for posting and providing PLOWBOY.COW with that information. The Samsung Galaxy Note III is not Spark enabled because it is not manufacture to do so. Our currently Spark devices are the Samsung Galaxy Mega, Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, LG G2, HTC One Max and Nexus 5 are Sprint’s current tri-band phones with more to come.

Morris L.
Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

No plowboy.   You didn't read my entire post.  Instead, I think you saw something you liked, cherrypicked, and assumed because it fit your hope.

Find and read the SPECIFICATION SHEET for your phone on that website.  I gave you a sample phone that *does* have B26 for comparison.

Samsung SM-N900P Galaxy Note 3 LTE Detailed Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

What it says in the phone settings is irrelevant.  That's why I ignored them.  That can be (and IS in your case) a light switch that isn't attached to a light.  It is an artifact caused by cookie-cutter software recycled across multiple phone platforms.

Reference that database link for information provided by very well-informed people.  It is about as authoritative as you will find in the public domain.

(You actually don't even have to do that because I ran a search in the database for you and provided the results.)

You ignored the provided list of SIX phones that have (as of 12-12-13) spark capability.  One model (the sample SPH-L720T) won't even release for 1-3 weeks so it only has partial specifications listed but DOES have the B26 band noted.

Journeyman

Without knowing your specific model number, the spec sheet I guessed at above may be the wrong one.  Looking at it, it shows only ONE of the three bands' radios installed on that model of phone.

CDMA800 (BC0), CDMA1900 (BC14), LTE1900 (B25)

For comparison this is the list for the soon-to-release Tri-band/Spark Samsung Galaxy S4 TD-LTE:

CDMA800 (BC0), CDMA1900 (BC14), LTE1900 (B25), LTE800 (B26), TD-LTE2500 (B41)

If this is correct, you are only accessing ONE of the three bands required for full-blown "spark" functionality.

These are the links to the two FCC certification reports for these phones:

Look for the "LTE test report" and compare the two.

900P

OET List Exhibits Report

(One band tested / approved)

720T

OET List Exhibits Report

(All three bands tested / approved)

Master

SturgeonGeneral

Thank you for reaching out on Sprint Community. We appreciate your information and feedback on the current subject. Again we will gladly forward the information supplied for any consideration. If you have any further information we welcome it. Thank you again for you input. We appreciate it.
*Erica
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

All I know is ##3282# on my note 3 shows all 3 bands for spark. Using only 1900 right now. You have been great help. Is there a way to contact Samsung or FCC and inquire to see if note 3 has spark in it? Perhaps when it was built it just wasnt advertised? I saw galaxy s4 mini I found same 3 spark bands I saw on my note 3 when I dialed ##3282# on both handsets. Both devices have those settings in it. Thanks

Journeyman

**FACEPALM**